Sign in to follow this  
Matt 825

CHRONARCH B or CURADO D

Since the Chronarch B's are discontinued and can be found for around $170 and the new Curado D's are retail $179 and can be found for about $150 they are basically the same price.  

My question to you guys is which one do you think is a better performing reel.  I will use it for a little bit of everything, but mostly throwing a jig.  I just cant decide which one to get.    :-/

Thanks

Guys

I could not decide either, so I got both! ;D  Bad Bait Monkey!!!!

Now as far as performance, that is yet to be seen since the water around here is still too cold to really try them out yet.  One determining factor would be do you need 6:2.1 or 7:0.1 or 5:0.1  I actually needed a 6:2.1 and a 7:0.1 so it worked out for me.

Later, :)

I would not buy a Curado D for $179.00, not when that money can buy an E for the same price.

Chronarch Bs look great and are probably worth that price, but I'd look around to see if I might find some for less.

The Chronarch B is a finer reel.

Chronarch B, slightly lower profile than the Curado D.  Also weighs just a bit less than the Curado D.  

I would like to add a Chronarch BSV to my collection.  Bigger line capacity & longer handle, but slightly heavier than the B.  But this would make an excellent swimbait reel.

It sounds like you have been talking about the Curado E's not D's. The Curado E's are the newest model. You can find the older Curado D's for much cheaper used.