Sign in to follow this  
BASSMAFIA

Need some rod selection help !!!

I'm wanting to get a few new rods but I have been looking at the St croix LT's but for 220 a rod i could out fit a whole new arsenal and have a bunch of  technique specific for that kind of money... 6 x 220.00 = 1320.00.... heck i could get 11-12 100$$ or so rods and really cover some techniques.... LOL!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

So what would yall do, i could buy BPS rods !!!! :) :)

help me :):D

I'm a believer in quality than quantity, now there are some great rods for the money, but I have 9 St. Croix Legend Elites and 5 St. Croix Legend Tournaments and would not ever fish with even a St. Croix Premier anymore unless it is for top water or something where sensitivity means nothing.

I say buy 5 rods to start if that is the money you have an add to your arsenal in the future as you can.

Steve

Yeah...I would say shop around a bit and find a rod that is in your pirce range and good for your techniques. Personally, I buy rods that I can find deals on, and am not brand specific. My current rods are all different about half are BPS and all different models. I have a Kistler Magnesium, Carrot Stix Gold, BPS Extreme spinning, BPS Bionic Blade, BPS Pro Qualifier, BPS Crankin Stick, and the most I paid for any of them was 138 for the Carrot Stix Gold.  There are alot of great deals on rods if you know where to look.

Reeds, ***, Simmons

Extremes are a good choice if you're looking for quantity and quality, when they go on sale at $60 a piece it's hard to beat.

I can tell a difference in sensitivity between the extremes and avid/LTs though

I 'd rather have 1 good rod than a bunch of lousy ones.

I'd rather have 10 good rods, then 20 bad ones. Or even 1 good rod vs 5 crap rods.

Buy nicer rods as you can afford them, in 5 years you'll be happy you did and will have quite a few by then.

I'd rather have 10 good rods, then 20 bad ones. Or even 1 good rod vs 5 crap rods.

Buy nicer rods as you can afford them, in 5 years you'll be happy you did and will have quite a few by then.

No kidding!!!  I bought OK rods at first and now I am upgrading but if I had just taken my time buying the ones I really wanted I would have saved time money and headaches, and now I wouldn't have to explain to my wife why I "need" a new rod.

High end rods are not worth it to me. I think they are extremely overrated. I have found that I do not lose anything by fishing with rods in the $100-$150 range.

Yes I have fished with the "good" stuff. I've owned several loomis rods, a kistler, and St Croix as well. They are all great but do not put more fish in the boat. For me, they aren't worth paying extra but I know plenty of folks think they are.

Yeah...I would say shop around a bit and find a rod that is in your pirce range and good for your techniques. Personally, I buy rods that I can find deals on, and am not brand specific. My current rods are all different about half are BPS and all different models. I have a Kistler Magnesium, Carrot Stix Gold, BPS Extreme spinning, BPS Bionic Blade, BPS Pro Qualifier, BPS Crankin Stick, and the most I paid for any of them was 138 for the Carrot Stix Gold.  There are alot of great deals on rods if you know where to look.

Find anymore for that money, let me know.