Sign in to follow this  
Jacob0434

Flipping stick for my father's B-day.

I got my father into bass fishing last year and for his birthday I'd like to get him a flipping stick.  He's pretty set on other applications, but dosen't have anything that would make a good flipping,pitching rod.  I'm looking to spend around a $150.00 for rod and reel. I've  pretty much decided I'm gonna get him a Quantum Accurist II PT reel like I have.

My question is I was looking at an ebay store called simmons sporting goods and came across a couple different quantum tour pt rods. The first is the PTC711FGH 7'11" Greg Hackney Model and the other is  PTC767FTB Tommy Biffle model.  Both are $80.00 + 18.00 Shipping and retailed at $199.99 at one point in time.  I was wondering if anyone has used these and how do they stack up against others in their respected price range? I'm open to other options as well.

Thanks,

Jacob

The Tommy Biffle model should work well. Seems that the Hackney model has a lighter action. The 7'6'' Heavy is standard in flipping sticks, if your dad gets more into flipping then maybe a longer stiffer rod would be in order, like the 7'9'' Xh carrot stick.