Sign in to follow this  
Micro

To the Daiwa Addicts: I understand

This is gonna be my last one.  I swear it.  

I'll be putting some Revos on the Flea Market page soon.

This is gonna be my last one. I swear it.

i dont know a lot, but i know youre going to like that reel.

Aren't they sweet.  I just ordered 2 myself, haven't fished them yet but they feel sooooo nice.  Might be the only reels I buy....ok I still want a zillion

After looking in my crystal ball I see you selling your Revo's and buying an Alpha.  :(

This is gonna be my last one. I swear it.

I'm suppose to buy that?  You know as well as anyone that it's just like eating potato chips! ;D

It's on a Fenwick HMG GT66M (6'6" Medium/Moderate Fast).  

It's on a Fenwick HMG GT66M (6'6" Medium/Moderate Fast).

The GT66M is Medium/Fast.

That's what the Fenwick site says.  It's wrong.  They have the actions for the GT66MH and the GT66M switched.  

Micro put on it a TD-Z handle while they are still available....the best $ 40.00 I've ever expended on tackle.

Lubina,

Speaking of TD-Z handles, are you speaking of the stock Daiwa handle for $40? If so, where do I get my hands on a couple of those. 2 of my TD-Z's have 80mm handles and I prefer the 90mm handles.

FD

Micro put on it a TD-Z handle while they are still available....the best $ 40.00 I've ever expended on tackle.

Lubina,

Speaking of TD-Z handles, are you speaking of the stock Daiwa handle for $40? If so, where do I get my hands on a couple of those. 2 of my TD-Z's have 80mm handles and I prefer the 90mm handles.

FD

You can call Daiwa direct and order the part or handle you want.

1-800-736-4653 Ext. 8

They have a long list of schematics on PDF files on their website, right hand corner under service.

www.daiwa.com

Lubina,

FD

You can call Daiwa direct and order the part or handle you want.

1-800-736-4653 Ext. 8

They have a long list of schematics on PDF files on their website, right hand corner under service.

www.daiwa.com

groovy. thx.

FD

FD, I'm refering to the stock 80 mm TD-Z magnesium handle, they come with knobs and 4 bearings and 1/3 less weight.

You can order them from Daiwa USA 1-800-736-4653 ext 8, for the Sol/Alpha you need to order the handle knot ( right or left ) and retainer.

As far as I know Daiwa doesn't make oversize handles for the TD-Z, you have to go to another brands, aftermarket ( Bassart or ZPI ) or change the star drag as well and use a ZPI Zillion/Steez.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/ sales a 100 mm carbon handle and the Revo Skeet Reese 95 mm, both fit on the TD-Z and have bearing supported knobs.

FD

FD, I'm refering to the stock 80 mm TD-Z magnesium handle, they come with knobs and 4 bearings and 1/3 less weight.

You can order them from Daiwa USA 1-800-736-4653 ext 8, for the Sol/Alpha you need to order the handle knot ( right or left ) and retainer.

As far as I know Daiwa doesn't make oversize handles for the TD-Z, you have to go to another brands, aftermarket ( Bassart or ZPI ) or change the star drag as well and use a ZPI Zillion/Steez.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/ sales a 100 mm carbon handle and the Revo Skeet Reese 95 mm, both fit on the TD-Z and have bearing supported knobs.

Lubina,

I am 99% sure that Daiwa had both the 80MM and 90MM handles on the TD-Z's.  I don't have them in front of me right now so I will have to confirm, but I think my 105H's have an 80MM handle and the 100M's have a 90MM handle. I would like to have 90's on all of them.

I think my 105H's have an 80MM handle and the 100M's have a 90MM handle.

You are correct.

If you want to order a 90 mm TDZ handle you have to order a US Trail TDZ handle.

I am 99% sure that Daiwa had both the 80MM and 90MM handles on the TD-Z's. I don't have them in front of me right now so I will have to confirm, but I think my 105H's have an 80MM handle and the 100M's have a 90MM handle. I would like to have 90's on all of them.

Thank you, good news

Daiwa reels are simply awesome, I'm sure you will have some Revo fans pick those laggard reels up really quick though in the flea market, and when you do get a zillion!

Daiwa reels are simply awesome, I'm sure you will have some Revo fans pick those laggard reels up really quick though in the flea market, and when you do get a zillion!

I have three Zillions.   :(