Sign in to follow this  
c17Lat

spin combo under $70

Hey guys, what do you think would be the best all-around spinning combo under $70. I'm thinking of getting 2 new berkley amp rods, and matching them with abu garcia cardinal reels.

That pflueger is a nice outfit, I have 2. I have the 20 ul and the 35 7' med rod, tad heavy.

I'd go with 6'6 1 piece 30 reel.( they would probably put that together for you if you called)

I have cardinal 101 as well on shimano scimater rod, it's pretty decent and I like it for low end. I think i"d go with pflueger, im 8 rod and bit smoother reel.

Trions are really nice fishin' poles for the money. I use a 6'6" Med spinning for fishing most of my soft plastics. I didn't like it at first when I spooled it with 12 lb Suffix Siege, but then I switched to some 10 lb test and it fished MUCHHHH nicer. I actually really like it a lot now!

But then again, I like the new Amp rods (awesome rods for $30!), and Cardinals are nice reels as well...

I fished with this combo on a float trip and was very impressed! Pflueger spinning reels are tough to beat IMO. I would get this combo in the 6'6"M and put some Yozuri 6-8lb test on it. You will be fishing with a versatile spinning combo that performs at a high level. :D

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_100904_100003002_100000000_100003000_100-3-2?ordProd=Y&CMID=BOTTOM_selectitems#itemDetail

The Pflueger setup would be nice.  I have a combo that ran around 50-60 bucks. A Mitchell Advocet II and a berkley lightening rod.  It's a pretty good combo that has held up pretty well