Sign in to follow this  
bigmountaineer

Need help deciding on what model of rod (Mojo)

I have selected the Mojo as my first quality rod to go with some of my new quality reels. Baitcasting is my preferred method.

My question is, I have always paired my reels with cheap rods and I am looking to get away from that, the thing I'm struggling with is I really don't know the difference between Fast and MF tips. And I've never owned a Medium action pole only MHeavy.

I fish mostly plastic worms, tubes, jigs, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, and IKAs, and small rat l' traps and frogs.

I want a good all around rod for these applications. What model of the mojo do you recommend?

Thanks,

mbc66mf is a good all round rod. not the best for frogs.

Well, the ideal rod for most jig, spinnerbait, and buzzbait fishing is going to be at least 6'6", have a fast or extra fast tip, and normally be MH.  Hook set can be a little tougher with those techniques and you want a rod that can drive the hook home.  Depending on how your frog fishing, that could be the ideal rod for that as well.

For a ratt-l-tap & tubes I'd prefer a MF rod.

If I could only have one MOJO rod for all these....  I guess I'd go with the MBC70MHF.

I have a MBC70MHF on the way that should be here on Thursday according to ups. I plan to use it as a jig, plastic, and frog rod. I'll let you know my initial thoughts when it arrives, although I probably won't be fishing it for another month at least. I would imagine this rod would do what you want it for though. What reel are you planning on using?

I have a MBC70MHF on the way that should be here on Thursday according to ups. I plan to use it as a jig, plastic, and frog rod. I'll let you know my initial thoughts when it arrives, although I probably won't be fishing it for another month at least. I would imagine this rod would do what you want it for though. What reel are you planning on using?

Well I have the burner model of the Quantum engergy pt 7:0:1 I think that's the great ratio.

I also have a Abu Revo S as well, but I have no idea what this reel is good for. I actually don't care for it that much. I have no idea what line to use on it for all types of bass fishing as well as what the reel is good for.

Plan on buying a quantum acurrist pt new model this weekend.

I have selected the Mojo as my first quality rod to go with some of my new quality reels. Baitcasting is my preferred method.

My question is, I have always paired my reels with cheap rods and I am looking to get away from that, the thing I'm struggling with is I really don't know the difference between Fast and MF tips. And I've never owned a Medium action pole only MHeavy.

You do realize that the action and power of rods are two differant things ?

I fish mostly plastic worms, tubes, jigs, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, and IKAs, and small rat l' traps and frogs.

I want a good all around rod for these applications. What model of the mojo do you recommend?

Thanks,

Now I just need to find a place that has them in stock and shipping is free?

I would go to BPS but I'm not at home now and the BPS around my house is quite a while away. Oh well,,

Any suggestions?

i have just ordered a mojo   med  fast tip  7'  for about the same  kind of lures except the frog.   ***  said they would be in there store the 10th of march  they only show the shortest in mojo is 6'-6"   baitcasting  will be in there store the 30th of march

Now I just need to find a place that has them in stock and shipping is free?

I would go to BPS but I'm not at home now and the BPS around my house is quite a while away. Oh well,,

Any suggestions?

Mine was ordered from fishUSA through amazon.com. It was on backorder for a month, but they might have them in stock now since mine has shipped, and they do offer free shipping