Sign in to follow this  
Korean Bassmaster

Braided Line Lube.

i was wondering if any one had ideas on where i could gets some braided line lube at?  i have 10 pound braid and when ever i get a back lash it must burn the line alittle because the next time i get a back lash it will cut my line off, and my lure will go flying! is there any thing else i can use beside braid line lube?

Yes, use a higher pound test braid. Most 20# test braids are the same diameter as 6# test mono. Lubing it will not solve your backlash problem, a larger diameter may.

Never heard of this happening before.  I haven't heard of anything that lubes braid, and for sure don't think it'll work cause everything eventually washes off.  Try upsizing your braid to 20lb.

10# braid?  I suppose you have a reason for spending the extra money on it, but it's beyond me.  Try KVD Line and Lure Conditioner.  Spray in on the spool until the line is saturated.  Wait 48 hours before you use it.  I believe you will see a major improvement.

try power pro 30lb test that has a 8lb test diameter i also recommend kvd line conditioner and the 48hrs wait after  the first soaking then spray it while fishing after a few hrs.

one more time before storage after fishing it is good stuff  

power pro is outdated!!!try berkley's new fireline braid.the new fireline braid (not fused fireline) is a totally round and smooth 8 strand braid that resists digging in better than any other braid.you  should never use under 12/50 on a baitcaster because thinner lines dig in easier.you should use the same diameter you use in mono lines.save the lighter braid for spinning reels.

Braid will cut itself on a quick snap which will happen on a backlash. As others have mentioned use heavier on BC. I do use 10lb on spinning with no issues.

I used to fish redfish tournaments years ago. When you would switch from a lighter lure to a heavy Tog Dawg if you had had any backlashes previously that where not completely picked out you could launch your lure a mile only problem was it wasn't connected to you anymore.