Sign in to follow this  
drop-shot fool

Can i return a Shimano Cumara to BPS for a different action?

I bought one during christams time, and haven't used it much until about a month ago.  I was using the 7' 2 MH for football jigs, but realized it wasn't strong enough.  I broke so many fish off, it wasn't even funny.  I was thinking about getting the heavy action for flipping cause i bought a falcon rod for my football jig needs.

I bought a St. Croix Legend from BPS the end of January, then didn't use it until last weekend. I didn't like it, so I took it back and they returned it no questions asked and without the receipt. Actually, I ended up swapping it for a Cumara...

So to answer your question, they will probably return/exchange it for you.

Shimano doesn't make the Cumara in a heavy power.  The website shows a heavy, but if you look at the model number, it is a MH power, X-fast action.

CUCX72MH

Shimano doesn't make the Cumara in a heavy power. The website shows a heavy, but if you look at the model number, it is a MH power, X-fast action.

CUCX72MH

Correct and the CUCX72MH feels a full power heavier than the CUC72MH in my hands :)

I had the CUC68MH and thought it was just a tad overrated with regards to power.  Wanted to try a CUCX68MH, never got around to it.

Do yall think the CUCX72MH would be strong enough for flipping 1/2 jigs.

i own the CUCX72MH its not a flipping stick.but its got tons of power.great for pitching and some flipping.i did all my toad fishing with it last summer.i do love this rod.

the rod can do more than 1/2 jigs...............so.....i would say it would work great. 8-)

Your BPS's are better than mine  :).  I've returned something twice this year (two reels), and had to take it to the fishing department to get 'approved', and then back to customer service.  Customer service then had to radio back to fishing (after asking who I talked to), and get the OK to proceed.  BPS does have a better selection than Cabelas, but try Cabelas customer service out.  You could take a dump in a box and return it to Cabelas, and they would smile and take care of you.  

BPS here use to be like that.  Now they call somebody up from fishing who looks the item over and then decides weather to exchange it or not.  But I would say 99% of the time they excahnge without a receipt or refund you money with a receipt.

Later, :)

Your BPS's are better than mine :). I've returned something twice this year (two reels), and had to take it to the fishing department to get 'approved', and then back to customer service. Customer service then had to radio back to fishing (after asking who I talked to), and get the OK to proceed. BPS does have a better selection than Cabelas, but try Cabelas customer service out. You could take a dump in a box and return it to Cabelas, and they would smile and take care of you.

My local BPS did the same thing to me when taking a reel back a couple of months ago. Must follow the same procedure? :-/