Sign in to follow this  
lineslinger

Travel Rods

Looking for a couple travel rods that break down into manageable sections to just keep in the car.  One spinning and one baitcasting.  Would like to be able to use them for everything, and they don't need to be top of the line.  Will pair w/catalyst 20 pti and quantum burner.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Just want to be sure I have something to fish with wherever I go.  Thanks.

I have a Browning Safari travel rod that I brought to Iraq. BPS has them for $99 dollars. Breaks down into three pieces and comes with a pvc travel case. Mine is a baitcaster, but they have spinning rods as well.

I don't know if I'd keep it in the car all the time, but I happen to love my 2-piece, 6'6 Medium Fast St. Croix Avid. I've got it paired with a Stradic 2500 FH and it's pretty sweet. Right now, its my second favorite rod next to my IMX, but I've yet to try out the Crucial casting rod I bought last week. From first impressions I'm sure I'll like this rod quite a bit, too.

If you're really just going to leave it in the car...idk, multi-piece Ugly Stik due to their durability and being relatively inexpensive?