Sign in to follow this  
newfish

reel oils

i've heard that not all reel oils mix? is this true? my reason for this is i had a reel that was cleaned by someone else...i believe they used hot sauce, after cleaning it. but i usually use ardent oil for regular relubing.

True, not all reel oils mix.

i've heard that not all reel oils mix?  is this true?  my reason for this is i had a reel that was cleaned by someone else...i believe they used hot sauce, after cleaning it.  but i usually use ardent oil for regular relubing.  
If they used Hot Sauce you would know for sure, parts would have a red stain on them. Either way before adding the oil you use you need to deep clean the reel first. Hot Sauce is a poly based oil.

Good Luck & Tight Lines!! s

thanks for the reply and advise. yeah there red stain over the reel. i guess i'm going to have to find out how to give it a deep cleaning. i've never done that before. does any one have a post or pics on it?

thanks for the reply and advise.  yeah there red stain over the reel.  i guess i'm going to have to find out how to give it a deep cleaning.  i've never done that before. does any one have a post or pics on it?
newfish,

If you have never done a complete break down of a reel then don't try. Look in your local yellow pages for a reel service shop in your area or ask your local tackle shop who does it for them.

If nothing there, goto the advertisers pages here and click my ad banner, I can do the job in about 2 days once I get the reel (just depends on how many I have on he bench).

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!  

and  you cannot find a better man than reel mechanic  to do this job

you will be more than pleased.  you can take that to the bank kb

and you cannot find a better man than reel mechanic to do this job

you will be more than pleased. you can take that to the bank kb

X 1,000,000,000,000,000!

newfish, what Reelmech says is true - IF you feel comfortable in breaking down a reel, then fine & go for it. Great to learn. If not, send it to RM for servicing. Reelmech will make it better than new.

thanks for the advises. with all the great review i've read on reel mech, i'm sure he will do a great job. i'ts just i've done some maintenance on my older curado but this is a new revo reel. i'll have to give it a little thought to see if i'm confident enough, to take it apart myself.