Sign in to follow this  
Redhed

San Diego Jam Knot

i have never head of it till i started gandering at this board. is it ideal for cranks? does anyone have a little more info on that knot? thanks guys

i hear its a good knot for use with braided line.

i always just use a uni knot, no matter what line i'm using.

It's extremely fast and much easier to tie than the Palomar because you don't have to pass your lure back thru a loop in the line to tie it. I don't feel it's quite as strong as a Palomar, so I only use it for spinnerbaits and the occasional large crankbait...when I'm not using Norman Speed Clips.

The San Diego knot is good for fluorocarbon line, similar to the Eugene knot, you must moisten fluorocarbon line when clinching either knot tight. Palomar knot works good for monofilament line. The Uni knot and braid knot are good knots for braid.

WRB

I use two knots, the palmar knot and the San Diego knot. both are very strong knots. I guide at night and that is when I use the SD jam knot. :)

Have to try this knot out.  Just use the palomar at this time, with the occasional uni knot.

Later, :)

I use the "jam" constantly and have no problem hauling in 5 and 6 pound bass on Trilene XL and Maxx. I find it is a good knot for people who don't own many rods/reels and constantly re-tie on new lures on the same rod/reel. The SanJam is solid.

Hatty

Great knot!! Its similar to the improved clinch which is the other knot I use. Simple to tie as well. Personally I think the palomar is a P.I.A. to tie