Sign in to follow this  
Muad Dib

Need some info and comments on these 3 popular rods!!

Hey i limited it down to three rods for my jigging rod/creature/bigworm rig.

Element 21® Original Carrot Stix Spinning Rod - 6'9"MH - $149.00

Shimano crucial crcx66mh  6'6''- MH- $149.00

Johnny Morris 6'6" $119.00

I think all 3 rods are great. give me some ADVICE PEOPLE!!

Trav

Of the 3 listed I would go with the Shimano Crucial. Excellent customer service.

I would also consider a St. Croix Avid, AVC66MHF

Later, :)

Crucial, no doubt about about it! I would go with a longer size though. I loved my Crucial 7' 6" flippin stick.

I know you only wanted info  on the rods mentioned but for $20 more you could get a st. croix avid. if you watch ebay i bet you can find one for $120

I have the CRCX66MH and it gives up nothing to any Avid where performance is concerned.  Plus, it's cheaper.  Fishes 3/8 and 1/2 oz jigs like a dream.  Very sensitive stick!  Balances very nice with a reel just under 9 oz.

I would vote for the Crucial also, but....I've read & seen broken tips on Crucial rods.  I'm glad it has a very good warranty but it seems to be a problem w/ the Crucials.

I own 4 Carrot Stix & have not had any issues of them breaking.  I think they are very light in weight & very good sensitivity.  I have 3 LTX, 1 b/c parabolic & 2 spinning rods.  Also have a 6'9" MH Boyd Duckett b/c rod.

Crucial, but I would recommend the 6'10 MH XF.

I have actually broken a tip on my crucial drop shot rod, but I will admit that it was all my fault. Pulled the fish into the boat, only 3.5lb fish, and set the rod down perpendicular to the floor of the boat with my right hand and tried to lip the fish with my left. Well, I did not have enough line out and so as you can probably picture it, the fish was basically dangling in the air for all of 5 seconds and then SNAP! Broke just after the 2nd guide. Cut the rod in half and sent back to Shimano for $4 and change. Got the replacement in 5 days and couldn't be happier with the service. This was my first higher end rod so I do not have much to compare it too, but I am sold for now.

Shimano Crucial CRC-X610MH  :)

I've got a Crucial and a couple JM Signature Series, and I'm much more likely to grab one of the JM's than the Crucial. They're strong, light, very sensitive, priced well right now, and come with better guides than any of the other rods mentioned.

I've got the 6'10" MH/XF paired with a Curado E7, and it's just a fantastic combo.

Crucial, I have the same rod and use it for plastic worms. It's light, sensitive and strong. The broken tip stories bother me a little but I've worked mine pretty hard and the warranty is good though I hope that I'll never need it. Good luck with whatever choice you make.