Sign in to follow this  
dman

Shimano Chronarch (MG) vs The Curado 200 E

I was wondering what the biggest differences are in these 2 reels.  Unfortunatly my local shops carry neither one.  I have 3 MG's and need another one but with these are no longer being made and soon wont be around.  what will replace them as far as being very similar?  the pics i see of Curado E looks like a pretty similar reel - small profile,  looks like same design.....Do they differ much?  should i just go with the MG's until they cant be found anymore or should i give a Curado a blind chance?

I own both of these reels and use them in different ways...

I like my MG for casting smaller baits; with the 50 spool size and overall weight is handles lighter lures better than the curado.

I cast larger lures with the curado; having the 100 spool size is nice because I am constantly tying on heavy lures (3/8 oz spinners, buzz baits, ratLtraps, etc.) having more line on the spool allows me to really let the line peel off the reel.

I like both of these reels but if I could only have one I would choose the MG because the Curado can not handle the lighter lures as well.

You can't make a bad choice here, but if you aren't buying both then buy the MG if you feel you have too many MG's give the Curado a shot.

Do not buy a STX; I had an STX and it broke on the second day out...  plus I don't like the magnetic brakes as I found myself changing them often for each different lure.

Thanks for the reply Hatty....Its for a Gloomis spinnerbait rod...I think im gonna geiv the Curado a try.  ;)

Thanks for the reply Hatty....Its for a Gloomis spinnerbait rod...I think im gonna geiv the Curado a try. ;)

I just bought two curados last week. I was planning on putting them on my flipping and plastics rods but I decided to try one of them on my loomis SB812  today and it is a SWEET setup. You won't be disappointed.

You could just wait until ICAST for the new Chronarch Mg50...but ICAST is in late Summer, and judgeing by the Curado/Citaca....it will be late fall before we see it  ;).  

Shimano_Aldebaran1.JPG

You could just wait until ICAST for the new Chronarch Mg50...but ICAST is in late Summer, and judgeing by the Curado/Citaca....it will be late fall before we see it ;).

Shimano_Aldebaran1.JPG

Thanks Natural!  I didnt even know they had a new MG on the way...Something to look forward to now

Huh....I had heard that they weren't going to make a new Mg and that the Core was going to be Shimano's only low profile Mg reel.