Sign in to follow this  
soccplayer07

help w/ patrairch

Hello all. I have a horrible time casting my new Patrairch. I do not understand why. I am able to cast all of my revo STX's well. I realize they use different breaking systems (patrairch has a combo of the two). Everything I have read has indicated that the patrairch "should" be easier to cast when compared to the stx. I have tried everything from two brakes to all the brakes on and still no luck. I am guessing it is the combo of brakes that I can not get dialed in. Any suggestions??? Thanks.

From all my experiences, 4 pins engaged(on) with mag off should be fine with little to no backlash.  If you are still having trouble turn the mag up and slowly work it off until you find a spot where you get maximum castability with minimal over run.  The only other thing I can think of is cast control

I have the spool tension knob set so the lure falls without assistance and then spool rotation stops when the lure hits the ground.  2 pins on.  The mag brake isn't even used unless it's windy.  

I set my spool tension knob the same way. I do use the mag brakes as well. I guess that is where my problem lies. Although if that is the problem why does a backlash occur. Wouldn't extra brakes help prevent a backlash. My backlash problems seem to occur at the start of the cast if that helps any. Thanks.

Mag brakes are for the end of your cast sloow speed your centrifical control is for controllling your 30,000 RPM start up.Do that fist then move on to your mag brake 2 pins on should work make sure they are opposite each other also if all else  fails send me the reel ;D and ill send u a brand new abu garcia 6600c4 that anyone can master

pflueger centrifugal brakes are different from most.they have springs which pull them off the drum faster.this means if you use a shimano with 2 pins you will need at least 4 with a pflueger.i set my cast conrol knob very loose.i put all six pins on because i cast hard at the beginning of a cast.the springs pull them off fast so it doesn't hurt distance.i then use the magnets for windy days with spinnerbaits.the reel is close to backlash free this way and outcasts any other i've used.

Ill try using 6 this afternoon and tension knob set loose. Hope this helps.