Sign in to follow this  
Dock Master

Shimano Clarus Advice?

I was wondering how you guys like these rods.  I will mainly be using them for lipless crankbaits.  How is the backbone?  How about the sensitvity?  

I recently saw in the BASS MASTER magazine that they were the best bass rod under $70.00.  Me being 15 I am not exactly Bill Gates (wish I was though!!!!!!!!!!!).  

Just wanted you guys input before I pulled the trigger.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am going to pick up some.  They seem like real nice rods from what I have read in magazines and in this forum.

I have a 6'6" med clarus spinning rod. I like shimanoo rods and love thier reels. But to be honest my clarus rod is the one thing from shimanoo that I'm dissapointed in. I think there a quite a few other rods in the same price range that are lighter, more senative, and funner to fish with. Just my opinion and my experiance.

Good Fishn'

I have a 6'6" med clarus spinning rod. I like shimanoo rods and love thier reels. But to be honest my clarus rod is the one thing from shimanoo that I'm dissapointed in. I think there a quite a few other rods in the same price range that are lighter, more senative, and funner to fish with. Just my opinion and my experiance.

Good Fishn'

What other rods do you think are better?

Fwiw..I just got a 7' Clarus spinning rod...gonna try it out tomorrow..M xf action

Good Fishn'

If Long Mike saw this he'd bury you. ;D

I'm interested too....what $70-$80 rods are so much better?  Clarus are a good value.