Sign in to follow this  
MitchIsFishin

Ok, you have $160 for a b/c

so I've narrowed down to:

Abu Record 40/50

Shimano Citica E

BPS Pro Qualifier 6.4

Has any played with all three? Fished all 3? Thoughts? I'm looking at this as a long term relationship, so any help is appreciated.

(RW- no need to respond, I know your answer)

Thanks B)

If you do your reel shopping on Ebay, you could get a Curado 200E or a Pflueger Patriarch for around $160 shipped.

If you do your reel shopping on Ebay, you could get a Curado 200E or a Pflueger Patriarch for around $160 shipped.

x2

Those would be my suggestions....but for what you mentioned, I would go with with the PQ or the Citica

Another vote for the Curado 200E -  I bought a couple of them for under $160 from ebay stores.  I think it's hands down, better than anything on your list.

You can also go to Oh Ya Sales website (http://www.ohya.com/) and login with the username "Customer" and password "Preferred" and get an '09 Quantum Energy for $145 shipped.  Very smooth reel with the best external cast control (ACS II) that I've used.  That price is about 25% off the MSRP.

x2

X3 Shimano is what I would go for. That's a REALLY sweet reel. Me, I like roundies but that Curado is VERY cool. Reminds me of a super evolved early 80's Bantam Magnumlite 2000GT I have... I'd get that in a heart beat. B)

Anything Shimano.  B)