Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

Question About Pflueger Trion Centrifugal Brakes

Would it hurt , insted of snapping them in , to the off position to just remove the 2 I never use anyway and leave the pin just exposed?

I wouldn't think so...but never fished a Trion...only Patriarchs and Supremes and they have the switches..

I have no idea really.

I temporarily lost one of the pins in a Bass Pro Shops round Pro Qualifier reel for a couple of days once.  It didn't cast just right afterward but it could have been because the brakes weren't balanced and not because of the missing pin.

Maybe you can take them off, put them somewhere safe and go an outing without them.  If it makes any difference you can put them back on.

dude it's a spinning mass at high rpm.you will throw the spool out of balance.you may or may not notice it but it won't benefit anything and at high rpm may eventually hurt it.

I would leave it in the off position. I agree that it would probably throw it out of balance even though you take the two adjacent ones off.

I was wondering the same thing so if anyone knows for sure I would be interested to know.

dude it's a spinning mass at high rpm.you will throw the spool out of balance.you may or may not notice it but it won't benefit anything and at high rpm may eventually hurt it.

THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME THANKS