Sign in to follow this  
fivesixone

Abu Garcia C3 and C4 Questions...

So I'm looking at buying either the 4601C3 or the 5601C4... Amazon has the C4 for $80 but it says it weighs 14.4 ounces, while Bass Pro and Cabela's says 10.6. I don't know if it's an older model or what...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CSWQH0/ref=asc_df_B000CSWQH0788871?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=dealt28640-20&linkCode=asn

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_74091____SearchResults?ordProd=Y&CMID=BOTTOM_selectitems#itemDetail

Anyone know what's up with that? I really like the look of the C4 over the C3 and I kind of like the bigger profile if the weight isn't that much of a difference...

Also, what rod would y'all recommend? This is my first baitcaster, so not looking for anything TOO expensive, probably like 60-80 bucks. I think I want a sorta all-purpose rod, maybe something for some deep diving cranks?... Any suggestions?

You can prob get um cheaper on ebay i have many 4600,s c-4-s c-3,s and c-5s the 5600 is a little big for all day use its great as a swim bait reel though .you wont be dissapointed in these reels trust me

i have 3 c3 4600 and 3 c4 4600. they are all awsome. i like the more narrow spool for freshwater. but i also have 6 others for saltwater. none of them are 4600 they are mostly 5500 or whatever. but the ol round garcias are killer. my dad has a couple of records and he loves them. i would go for the one with the narrow spool. i dont know why, it may not make a differnce but it does to me. but i dont like filling those big spools on the 5500's with a low gear ratio it takes forever.

Thanks guys, I was looking at the 5601C4 mainly because I want a left handed reel and because of the pertty colors. ;D

Looks like I may just get the 4601C3 as I don't see a left-handed one anywhere and wait 'til I need a new saltwater setup to get the C4... :'(

Anyone else wanna chime in?

Probably just wrong. They have always been about 10.