Sign in to follow this  
Autiger24

Quantum Accurist

Our Academy Sports has these reels on sale for 50 bucks. I think they normally retail for $140. I have always been a die-hard Shimano fan, but my little bro needs a reel right now. Sounds hard to beat to me. I was just wondering if anybody has had any problems with them. Thanks.

I bought three when they were on sale at BPS a couple months back. It's a nice reel. I've had no problems. I've loaded them down w/ braid, flucarbon, and mono. NO problems at all, the flippin switch is nice as well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy they are a nice starter reel.

I have 3 of them and the perform great! They are a little heavy if you are used to lower profile reels. 2 of mine were screachers out of the box until I oiled them. They are worth the original price and a steel at $50.

Got mine for same price and it's proved flawless!  wouldn't hesitate to buy one IF I NEEDED another one!

I think they normally retail for $140.

I've got two Accurist II's that I bought in 2007 for $79 each.

Okay, I was talking about the Accurist II's. The Accurist PT is a more expensive reel. The Accurist II is a good reel for the price, though.

Yeah that's a great reel for that price.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy em.  I have two (along with 4 or 5 Tour edition PT/s and 5 Energy PTs)

I saw one of the quantum pros (I think it was Biffle) fishing with one on the final day of an elite series event.  I think they are the only PT's with a flippen switch as the Energy's and Tour editions don't have them.  

I had one of the older ones.  I loved it but it had a graphite/plastic reel foot.  I dropped the rod it was on from 9' on to concrete and it snapped the foot off  ;)  but the newer ones have a metal foot wich is much better.