Sign in to follow this  
Use ONLY Stren

Mojo or Fenwick HMG

Im looking for a rod around 7' MH or H for mainly carolina rigging. I was thinking about the mojo or HMG any thoughts. Or if you have a better suggestion between 100.00 and 150.00 go ahead. thanks

Given that the Mojo is apparently a gussied-up Premier, then I think it is a no-brainer to say HMG.   The 7' MH/F GT70MH model HMG makes a fine carolina-rig rod.  It is extremely sensitive, sufficiently fast, has a lot of backbone, and has quality Fuji Hardloy guides.  It also has a lifetime warranty.  From what I've read from people that own both, the Premier is more or less equal to the HMX line of Fenwick rods, while the HMG is a more economic equivalent of the Avid.

I have never used a Mojo, so I cant say anything about this rod. I have used more than one HMG, it is a wonderful rod.

I have both rods.....The HMG is the much better choice......I think the Mojo is a fairly decent rod for the money. Mine is just the traveler rod,  meaning it stays in the truck in case I drive by a pond or something on my travels

I have never used the Mojo and I have had nothing but bad luck with Fenwick. They don't just break easy, they shatter. Granted I have not owned the HMG so I can't comment on that, but 3 other Fenwicks over the years have all went boom on the hookset and I mean boom into a thousand pieces.

You may want to look at Falcon for what your looking for. They have some great carolina rods in all there models.

Amazon has your 7' MH HMG for $110 right now. Free shipping too. You'll love it!