Sign in to follow this  
drop-shot fool

Best flippin stick for $150 or less?

Ive heard some say powells, light and toughs, all star, etc.  I don't know because i have never used a flippin stick.  What do you guys think.

I've also heard the powell was really good. I think it's the 766. They're gonna run about $170 though.  I believe you can get a carrot stix for your price range and a lot of people are in love with those. I know the shimano crucials are good reods but I'm not sure the cost on their flippin stick.

IMO, the Powell Max 766H is hard to beat. I absolutely fell in love with mine. It is very light and extremely powerful! It can also be used to throw frogs in the slop and swimbaits as well. I now own 4 Powell Max rods.

http://www.***.com/descpageRDCPOWELL-PFLR.html

I have been searching for one also. I have narrowed it down to a few. Crucial CRC-76H at $180, Carrot Stix CLTX761H-C at $150, and Powell 766H-XT at $170. I am sure all can be found cheaper through ebay. I am really pushing towards the Carrot Stick because it is so light and I figured in a flipping stick the weight would make it better. The powell has a Telescopic handle so it shrinks down a bit. And the crucials are just great rod and they are backed with a great warranty.

I have been searching for one also. I have narrowed it down to a few. Crucial CRC-76H at $180, Carrot Stix CLTX761H-C at $150, and Powell 766H-XT at $170. I am sure all can be found cheaper through ebay. I am really pushing towards the Carrot Stick because it is so light and I figured in a flipping stick the weight would make it better. The powell has a Telescopic handle so it shrinks down a bit. And the crucials are just great rod and they are backed with a great warranty.

There are some Crucial flippin sticks on there as we speak man. I have yet to see a Powell flippin' stick on there though. I will say that my previous flippin stick was a Shimano crucial 7' 6" H/F 1 piece rod. After feeling the Powell in action the Crucial went up for sale that same day!

I love my Kistler Magnesium TS All Day Flippin' and Pitchin' Stick. It is telescopic but if you don't mind that then I would highly recommend it to you. It retails for $170 but you can find it for cheaper if you look.

I had a 7' XH Carrot Stix that I was using as a flipping stick, but it wasn't long enough for me.  I sold it and just picked up the 7'9" XH Carrot Stix.  It should be here in a couple days and I plan on trying it out this weekend.  I let you know how it goes.  As far as the 7 footer, the weight was one of the selling points for me.  Combined with a new Quantum Energy E100HPT, it weighed in at a little over 11oz total.  I expect the 7'9" will be a little heavier due to the extra length, but it will still be a very light combo for flipping all day long. Looking forward to trying it out.

bps johnny morris signature series now on sale 119$.

I love my Kistler Magnesium TS All Day Flippin' and Pitchin' Stick. It is telescopic but if you don't mind that then I would highly recommend it to you. It retails for $170 but you can find it for cheaper if you look.

x2

Team Daiwa S

The famous "Green Handle" returns! With more BassMasters Classic wins than ALL other rod brands COMBINED, Team Daiwa has earned the title as the Pro's rod.

Price: $114.95  :)