Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

Re: cant decied

ok i have a mass number of baitcasters but im looking to buy a new one for a pick up and go setup,and im torn between to reels,i absolutaly love the new bps rick clunn bc with the new rubberized soft coating the new dualbrake system and its over all smoothness....ok and then theres the team daiwa tierra,the clunn has this reel beat hands down on looks to me but i know daiwa has some nice equipment out there i have the tierra and sol in spinning reels and never a problem and like them both,but for me i could never really adapt to the look of theyre baitcasters they tended to have a funky shape and look to them,except for the sol b.c and now the tierra,ive read reviews on both reels the good and bad the clunn not to many bad reviews then again the new version hasnt been out to long and the tierra not alot of bad reviews cept for some ppl hearing gear grinding and that you litterly have to throw your body into the cast to get your bait/lure out there with this reel,and some ppl complained about the magforce knob placement that when palmed it keeps getting clicked up or down,and whay is it that thats what daiwa puts on every reel magforce v or z some with better magnets then others...why not ever a dual brake systek or something best of both worlds?anywho im just wondering if any of you fine folks have expierence with these reels or own them/tried them out if so id appreciate your help on helping me lean towards one or the other,and my first b.c was a bps one still works to this day and i know bps is GREAT on warranty stuff or if something breaks just walk in and simply walk out with a new one,i have heard some horror storeis as to daiwas customer service/warranty stuff and that theyre impossible to get a hold of or to get a response back from.and the wife wont let me buge over $200 again on anymore reels "when i have a pile over there" haha so i decided to stay in the 100-130 range and its going on my spare st.croix 7mh mojo.plz help!!!!!!! thanks for your time.

These have to be the two longest run on sentences ever posted. :'(

Personally, I would rather have a name brand than a BPS reel.

Just my thoughts as I had a new Johnny Morris blow up on me the first time I used it.  The guy in the BPS fishing department told me to go with the Curado and forget the BPS reels.

I like the Shimano's, but you get whatever reel you have confidence.

Just remember, the secret to having your reel perform at its optimum is to 1) balance it with the rod's specs; 2) balance the set up before casting; 3) adjust the "brakes"; and 4) make sure you have fresh line.

Having fresh line is a must. And if the reel does not perform as you wish, go down a test size and give that a try.  ;)

ithinkurriteshimanocantbebeatoncustomerservisbutithinkyoushouldcheckoutabuggarciatheircustomerserviceissecond2none  .youcanspindmoremunybutyoucantgetnybetterthanabugarcia.  

This may not be English 101.  But understand when people see a post written like yours, more often than not they skip it.  

ithinkurriteshimanocantbebeatoncustomerservisbutithinkyoushouldcheckoutabuggarci

atheircustomerserviceissecond2none  .youcanspindmoremunybutyoucantgetnybetterthanabugarcia.

think ur rite shimano cant be beat on customer servis but i think you should check out abu ggarcia their customer service is second 2 none. you can spind more muny but you cant get ny better than abu garcia.  

I love it, spitting ice tea everywhere...

That made my day.........

ithinkurriteshimanocantbebeatoncustomerservisbutithinkyoushouldcheckoutabuggarciatheircustomerserviceissecond2none .youcanspindmoremunybutyoucantgetnybetterthanabugarcia.

This may not be English 101. But understand when people see a post written like yours, more often than not they skip it.

That's GREAT! ;D