Sign in to follow this  
SJBasser

Finesse Baitcasting Reels

I live in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, and fish the clear waters of Eastern Maine for largemouth and smallmouth.  I like to think of myself as a finesse fisherman and like to throw a lot of small baits.  I can't bring myself to use a spinning reel.  I have Shimano Chronarch mg50's and Calcutta CT50's but there are limits on what you can throw.  I've read that Daiwa Japan makes or made a Pixy Liberto and a Presso reel for the super small stuff.  I can't seem to find these reels for sale anywhere.  Can anyone help?  

IMHO the rod has more to do with it than the reel, I thro 1/16 lures on a revo s with a light action rod.

To the best of my knowledge, the Pixy is no longer in production.  It doesn't mean it won't be reintroduced at some future time.  There are a few Japan-based websites where used tackle is sold.  There are also the flea market sections of the forums.

Ya... you might have a hard time finding a Pixy that isn't used. I beleive the Presso is sold out as well.

I live in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada, and fish the clear waters of Eastern Maine for largemouth and smallmouth. I like to think of myself as a finesse fisherman and like to throw a lot of small baits. I can't bring myself to use a spinning reel. I have Shimano Chronarch mg50's and Calcutta CT50's but there are limits on what you can throw. I've read that Daiwa Japan makes or made a Pixy Liberto and a Presso reel for the super small stuff. I can't seem to find these reels for sale anywhere. Can anyone help?

There you go: http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=953&name=LIBERTO PIXY [uSED]&manufacturename=DAIWA (TEAM DAIWA)

Look at the mint ones: A or AA cosmetic, AAA or AA mechanically.

All you need is a nice reel that casts well.

I have fished weitless plastics for a loooong time and have learned what to do with the rod tip and not the reel. AND I have been using 6'0's. Just get a good reel and practice with it bro.

One more vote for the Daiwa Pixy, better yet, turn it into a PixZilla!!  It's absolutely amazing...