Sign in to follow this  
CODbasser

7 1/2 ft flippin stick suggestions pref under $100

need to get a heavy action flippin stick for the potomac in a few weeks and i wont be using it much after that so i didnt want to fork out a bunch of money on something im only gonna use for a few days...any suggestions?i need somthing for flippin grass and other types of aquatic slop

My buddy uses an old BPS Extreme 7-6 heavy power rod, and hasn't had any reason to replace it.  they are usually <$100.  I bought my Kistler on clearance for $100, and its held up well for two seasons.

When I first started out, I used a BPS Tourney Special - they're often on sale for about $40.  Works fine, I use it as a loaner rod now and no one else has ever had a problem with it.  My only complaint would be its a bit heavy to use all day.

Bass Pro or Cabelas rods are probably going to be your best bet.  The 7'9'' H Mojo is $119 and a 7'2''H Daiwa Iaconelli rod is also $119.  I use a 7'6'' H Castaway Big Show that I got for $99 from Tackle Warehouse.

Why don't you get you a Carrot Stix on Ebay for less than the original price and use it for more than flipping?

Team All Star's are going for $100 dollars right now.  Great rod.  Light too.

i just bought a 100 dollar team all star 907fsx for 69.00 pm me and ill give you the guys email address best flipping stick for that amount imo

Why don't you get you a Carrot Stix on Ebay for less than the original price and use it for more than flipping?

thanks for the suggestion, but im not a carrot stix fan...i dont like the grip or the way the rod feels...feels like a piece of plastic and i cant seem to hold on to it when it rains haha...if im gonna buy a rod in that price range i will get another shimano crucial...way better rod in my opinion...i like the allstars...think i might go that route..

Cabelas Fish Eagle XML rods are on sale.  C776FS MH finesse flipping stick $69.99 (half price).  Got mine and put the weight balance kit on it.  Lighter than my old BPS Extreme.  Nice rods.

Shortbasser