Sign in to follow this  
adclem

Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Ultra Soft

I found a place to get all of my Yo-Zuri needs, thanks Hammer4.  So I am going to order some Ultra Soft for my spinning reels and am considering trying it on my BCs as well.  Is this a good idea or should I just stick with the Hybrid for my BCs?

Thanks, :)

Let me know how the US works on baitcasters. I was thinking of trying the same thing after using it on spinning gear for the first time. I am pretty sure they have the same breaking strength right? Really interested in how it works out for ya.

I use the US on all my reels, never had any problems..

And, your very welcome adclem.. :)

Haven't used the hybrid so really can't make a comparison. I use US 6# on spinning gear and 12# on my bait casters and REALLY like it for both types of rigs...

skillet

im a huge fan of the US on baitcasting, the regular hybrid i like better for spinning.

im a huge fan of the US on baitcasting, the regular hybrid i like better for spinning.

that's weird. I thought the US was made for spinning. I use the US for both and love it.

that's weird. I thought the US was made for spinning. I use the US for both and love it.

yeah it says on the packaging that its ideal for spinning, but i like it on the casting gear.. i dunno.

I believe you are correct, that US is not quite as strong as the Hybrid.  Can't remember where I heard or red that either.  Hopefully RW can shed some light on that for us.

In the meantime I  decided to spool my spinning rods all with US, in 6 and 8lbs test and my 51MG with US in 12lbs and my Curados with 12lbs Hybrid for the time being.

Should I consider I using 15lbs Hybrid for my jig rod or is 12lbs plenty strong?

Later, :)