Sign in to follow this  
nickw234

Best Shaky Head Rod

Im looking for a shaky head rod which one works the best for it. Right now I just have a BPS Bionic Blade 6'6 Hvy.(Spinning) Just looking for something better.

Ya know, I checked out a couple of sh type rods at Cabela's recently and there was a pretty good deal on a model......I think it was an TI XM something or other and it was like 90 to 120 on sale....it was a really really nice rod for the money.

I don't really have any technique specific stuff because I'm mainly being a goat to get to the fish and versatility is what I have to do but those rods were really nice..Don't know what you wanted to spend but figured I'd pass this on. ;):);)

I like the St. Croix MXF rods from the Avid on up. I like a nice stiff rod when fishing plastics and this one does it for me.

I do know a buddy that likes one of the BPS extreme models for shakeyheads though if you wanted a cheaper rod than the St. Croixs. I don't have any experience with it, but he likes it.

I talked to a guy today that has several new St. Croix Avids for 50% off. Would be something like $85 plus $25 for shipping. I don't know what models he has left, but it is a great deal on an awesome rod. PM if you want more info,

the falcon lowrider is a good stick for shaky heads. i like mine really well.

you're gonna get many different answers, I personally use a 7'M Damiki Dark Angel and it is great.  If you wanna stay BPS I would say a Pro Qualifier or Pro-Lite Finesse.  Depending on your budget, there are almost too many rods to choose from.

Im looking for a shaky head rod which one works the best for it.

I use all these:

CR721

CR722

CR723

CR724

MBR782

MBR783

MBR785

SJR782

CSS66MH

LR15

LR16

GLBS66ML

Right now I use a G Loomis BSR852S GLX, which is great for shakyheads.  I am looking at getting a G Loomis SHR822S GLX, which is supposed to be made for shakyheads.

I bought the Mac Daddy Shaky Head Rod and havent looked back.

G Loomis GLX SHR822S. It's hands down the best spinning rod I have ever fished. With the recoil guides and GLX blank you just cant get more sensitivity. Period.

I fished the regular specialty shaky head rod (SHR822S) for a while and thought it was a decent rod but it left a little to be desired in the sensitivity department. The GLX model took care of that.

7' M Shimano Compre spinning rod.

I use a 6' 8" Shimano Cumara ML for flouro and a 6' 9" St Croix LTB ML for braid.

I have been very happy with both for shakey heads considering that they are both built as drop shot rods.  I am thinking about getting a 6' 3" St Croix LTB for my next one to be a dedicated shakey rod.

Matt