Sign in to follow this  
DMac

Switching rods

I bought a 6'6" Med St. Croix LTB baitcasting rod few months ago. It was between that or carrot stick or cumara. Well the rod has just been sitting on my rack in perfect condition with price tags still on. I want to use it for jerkbaits, shakyhead, and finesse t-rigs. But ill only be using it for jerkbaits in the winter. Should i return it and get a cumara or another rod instead? Just looking for opinions as i dont know what to do with this rod

med action u can use it for anything but big jigs,worms,s-baits etc i use a med action for almost all of my stuff its pretty versatile

Ya but since ill only be using jerkbaits in the winter wouldnt it be right to get a more sensitive rod? I know the LTB is sensitive, but compared to a cumara I want the rod to be best suited to its technique and if im doin more finesse bottom contact stuff wouldnt a cumara be the right choice. And it would look sweet with a core 51mg on it

What makes you think the cumara is the better choice? You haven't even used the LTB.  You might find it extremely sensitive, if you actually fished it.

This would have been a good thread a few months ago, before you bought it.

I have used both the Cumara and the St. Croix and honestly they are about the same sensitivity wise. The St. Croix may actually be a tad better!

Ya you're right I feel really stupid now because the rod was an impulse buy. I'll fish it and see how I like it.

I have pretty much the same rod in the LTBC70MF, and I don't know why you aren't using it.  Its pretty much a general duty type of rod, capable at most anything.  Just because it says "Jerkbait" doesn't mean that's all you can use it for.  Before 7' rods were in vogue, a 6'6" M/F rod was what everyone used for practically everything.