Sign in to follow this  
RobbyZ5001

St. Croix Avid Warranty

Does anyone know how the warranty works for the Avid? I was on their website and didn't really understand it.

They have 3 levels of warranty service.

Silver Star covers manufactures defects, the Avid has a lifetime warranty so any defects in the life of the rod is covered.

Gold Star is if you are not the original owner or if you stepped on the rod or slammed it in the car door.  Very simple send in the rod and $50 and they send you a new rod or repair the rod you sent in.

Gold Star + Upgrade is basically send in the rod with a check for $50 plus the trade up difference in price and they send you the new rod you wanted.

Top notch service, top notch warranty, equals no worries.

Later, :)

So for the silver star do I need to send in any money? I was under the impression that I needed to send in $50 no matter what. Also will I need to prove that I am the original owner? I am also not sure if I registered the rod 3 years ago.

With silver you only send $20 for return shipping.

So for the silver star do I need to send in any money? I was under the impression that I needed to send in $50 no matter what. Also will I need to prove that I am the original owner? I am also not sure if I registered the rod 3 years ago.

If you did not register the rod you will have to go with the Gold Star $50 option. Without that card on file St. Croix has no idea if your the original owner or not. I broke an Avid Casting rod that I bought used, and used the Gold Star program, very easy to do, just follow there instructions on the web site. I had the new rod in my hands 14 days from when I sent the broken one in.

Call them. Talk to the  service rep. It might not cost you anymore than the postage to send your rod to them.Times are hard and happy customers are important to businesses that want to stay in business.

how did your Avid break? Was it a manufacturing defect or was it from abuse or an accident?