Sign in to follow this  
MitchIsFishin

A nice little gift, I guess

Have an aunt in KY who knows I love to fish. Apparently, she felt obligated to send me a late BD gift (which she wasn't, God bless her), but did so anyway. In any event, I get a package with a Shimano Sedona 2500 in the mail. Seriously, I know nothing about this reel. I'm not the 'reel snob' and just buy what I know I like. Still, nice gift. Is it really a decent reel? Should I just relegate it to use by the wife or son? Oh, it came in a Shimano box, but no oil with this reel, normal?

Going fishing Saturday, hurrah!

;)

At least you got something useable. Last time I got a fishing gift (that I didn't pick out first) it was an Instant fisherman. Must have been the deluxe model, it came with Flying Lures ;)

The Sedona 's are a lot of bang for the bucks ;so to speak.  They get the job done and hold up for years with very little maintenance .IMHO you got a nice gift.

i had one that i used for ice fishing until it got kicked into a ice hole,its a nice little reel for the money.def. something to be used,but i dunno that instant fisherman is a tough gift to beat,pretty sweet there you lucky fella you lol...if anything use it for a dropshot rig,eh it beats a mushy card with dogs and cats on it  ;)

i had one that i used for ice fishing until it got kicked into a ice hole,its a nice little reel for the money.def. something to be used,but i dunno that instant fisherman is a tough gift to beat,pretty sweet there you lucky fella you lol...if anything use it for a dropshot rig,eh it beats a mushy card with dogs and cats on it ;)

Nuthin worse than gettin kicked in the ice hole.....

The Sedona 's are a lot of bang for the bucks ;so to speak. They get the job done and hold up for years with very little maintenance .IMHO you got a nice gift.

X2  I have a couple of them, been using them trouble free for several years.  Nothing fancy, just sold dependable reels. (and surprisingly smooth)

I have that exact reel and love it, its as nice as my stradics, but it may not last quite as long. I had a 4000 sedona that I abused heavily for two years before it gave way, and by abused I mean left it in the bed of my truck for weeks, dropped in sand, etc etc...  I used to be real rough on my gear, but I've learned otherwise.

havent had one personally,

but i do have a buddy who uses one.......

seems really nice for the price,

and has held up really well for him......

id say its a great gift.......  give it some time on the water now ;D