Sign in to follow this  
mphenry

Quantum energy reels

Just wanted to know how people that have used the new 09 model Quantum Energy baitcasting reels liked them and how they performed.  Thanks

I really like the new energy.  I have a burner model on a Powell 705c that I use for jigs and t-rigs in sparce cover.  A great improvement over the older models, much tighter, smoother, and lighter.  A great reel, the only thing I don't like is the ACS II system as compared to the infinite ACS braking.

I own a one of the power 09 energies and it is an awesome reel. Its defenitly my favorite. Super smooth retrieve cast effortlessly. Palms very easy for me and I have super small hands. I also own the new E7 Curudo and its definetly as good. I am hard pressed to decieded which reel I like best.  Both have there qualities that I like. The General feel of the Quantum is smoother to me and just feels solid to me. Casting distance is about the same to me. I dont have as much time with the Curudo but I like the both and could be happy with either.

I was thinking of trying one since they made them lighter.  I have the older energies and for the most part I like them.  2 oz. less weight might make a even better feel.

I have one of the 08 Energys also and have heard nothing but good things about the 09 models. Less weight and much smoother and just from the reviews and the posts I've seen this is my next B/C purchase.