Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

Magic Eraser Works, (pix)

Yep it is awesome.  I got a steal on Ebay for a GLX with a real dirty handle.  Used some magic eraser and about 10 minutes later had a like new GLX rod. :D

I have been using these also, amazing how quick they cleanup. Great maintenance tool, I use after every outing.

not sure if would, I have eva's on my customs but I'd be a little afraid the eraser mite pill up and stick to the foam, could be more trouble then its worth. Anyone try it can chime in Please.

Where can this product be purchased?  And was your cork treated with a cork sealant such as U-40?

I clean my EVA handles with a cotton cloth and Windex.

Thanks Unlce Leo. I will give it a shot.

Koopa magic erasers are made under Mr Clean brand I believe. They are all white and rectangular. You should be able to get them at WalMart, CVS, Walgreens, most groceries.

Rand

Where can this product be purchased? And was your cork treated with a cork sealant such as U-40?

the Mr Clean Magic Eraser can be had a WalMarts n such, in the household cleaning isle.

I did not treat the cork with anything and dont really believe in alot of that stuff. I know the guys that use stuff like U-40, KVD line conditioner swear by it and I wont knock it, but I just feel its marketing and hype, But thats MHO.  The eraser was dampened a little.  It works for me.

If applied right, the U-40 is a decent product but not a cure all! After a day or so of being the the hot FL sun on the boat deck it will wear off. I wish i had discovered the Magic Eraser before the U-40!!!

If applied right, the U-40 is a decent product but not a cure all! After a day or so of being the the hot FL sun on the boat deck it will wear off. I wish i had discovered the Magic Eraser before the U-40!!!

Dink, you still use the U-40, I've never tried it but the eraser does the trick for me.

Yup, most my rods have it now! I am waiting for it to wear off completely so i can start using my erasers i got!

Nope, no more! It is a good product but just doesn't last as long as i need it too! Plus, when the green color from my braid gets on the U-40 treated handles it makes for one big mess!!!