Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Some Funky New JDM Abus

Ambassadeur Salty Stage. Look how shallow that spool is.

http://www.purefishing.jp/new/2009/08/17_1/index.html

For some wild cranking action...

http://www.purefishing.jp/new/2009/08/17_2/index.html

wow...they are really blurring the line between Pflueger and Abu with the newer models here and in Japan.

I was thinking the BPS models, but I guess they look like Pfluegers as well.

wish I could read it.  All I got was the ratios and that its guna cost about $252 bucks.  I don't like the handles on the retrieve.

Reel on 2nd link would look sweet on RedlineRoberts new rod

I want that handle, it would look sweet.... if anyone finds out where to get them let me know.... or if anyone buys one of those reels and doesn't like it, i will buy it

PE line reels.  ;)

They both look great! The handles on the 2nd reel look sweet and would likely fit a variety of reels.

Im assuming by the name the 1st reel is for saltwater?  If so why the pixy-like spool? :-? Might be an engrish kinda thing.

They both look great! The handles on the 2nd reel look sweet and would likely fit a variety of reels.

Im assuming by the name the 1st reel is for saltwater? If so why the pixy-like spool? :-? Might be an engrish kinda thing.

Those shallow spools are for PE ( braided ) line and are not for casting but for vertical jigging.

Im assuming by the name the 1st reel is for saltwater? If so why the pixy-like spool? :-? Might be an engrish kinda thing.

Those shallow spools are for PE ( braided ) line and are not for casting but for vertical jigging.

I'll have to take ur word for it, your more knowledgeable than myself with the japanese stuff. I've never seen a low pro baitcaster made specifically for jigging. What niche exactly are they targeting with that? Just doesnt make sense in my little brain...

With all the holes drilled in the spool and the depth of it it looks like their going for spool weight reduction i.e. better casting of lighter baits/lines. That thing is REALLY shallow.

Those shallow spools will hold 200 meters of #1 PE, about 15# test.  They are the new hybrids which always have 3 CB brakes on and 3 more adjustable.  I don't believe they are specifically deep jigging.

they are low profile inshore reels.  and they are heavy over 300 grams

I'm not an expert on the competition but I know Shimano Japan offers models like the one with the super shallow spool. Its made for shallow water rockfish applications with light PE (braided) line such as 10-20 pound. Capacity is not that important because they are fishing 50 feet or less typically.

I'm not an expert on the competition but I know Shimano Japan offers models like the one with the super shallow spool. Its made for shallow water rockfish applications with light PE (braided) line such as 10-20 pound. Capacity is not that important because they are fishing 50 feet or less typically.

I didn't want to go that far because I wasn't sure about habitat.  Rocks and the sort are quite tough on PE, to say the least.