Sign in to follow this  
Bigs

New Shimano Stradic Ci4

Anyone have this reel yet ? Im gonna maybe get one of the 2500's and see how I like it. Bass pro shops and Gander Mountain both said they wont have it for months. Another local high end tackle shop called Green Top just told me they can get me one special order in a matter of a few days. Think Im gonna ditch my Daiwa Tierra and Sol spinning reels in favor of the 7 ounce beauty from shimano. For 200 bucks it seems like I cant go wrong with it. I know Tackle Warehouse and cabelas has it but Id rather see it and feel it in my hands especially considering its gonna be full retail price everywhere its available for a while. I wonder when ebay vendors are gonna start carrying it, I'd love to use my BING cashback to get it for 180 bucks.

It won the ICAST for freshwater reels..

And d**n, dude, you're always talking about buy stuff. We're in a recession, and you've got two boats, looking to buy another one. New rods, reels.. Sheeesh. Give me your secrets. Green top is in richmond, right?

just got lucky and made a few good decisions on investments, nothing major, Im far from wealthy believe me. My 2 boats are both aluminum and not expensive at all. I actually finally sold my tracker yesterday so Im down to 1 boat for now. Hopefully I'll have a 20 foot bass boat by weeks end. I'm constanty buying stuff and selling it for profit on ebay, craigslist, etc..Now matter how bad the economy is , theres always ways to make a buck if you know what to look for. Back to the reel, I wanna hold it and touch it , much like a beautiful woman. Lookin at the pics of it online make my loins quiver ;D does anyone else feel the same way about this reel or am I just a weirdo?

Ya the man I spoke with at green top yesterday said only "top shelf" dealers/vendors can order stuff like that from shimano and it takes 3-4 days to get it. He said to call back on monday when shimano was open and he would call them with price and availability. Shouldnt be a problem since alot of online stores have it already. Plus I have stuff I can return to green top for store credit which absorbs some of the cost. I usually would never buy a rod or reel from green top cuz they charge retail, there tackle selection is like heaven on earth tho. Guess my daiwa sol spinning reel is gonna be collecting dust soon.

Just got my CI4 2500 last Wednesday. I love it. I got mine from

fishermanswarehouse.com

They shipped it out the day I placed my order.

I know ***.com just got in a shipmment of the 2500's as well.

I don't doubt that Greentop can get it before any other retailer in the state.  But if it was available to them now, it would be in their store.  Greentop is on the cutting edge of getting newly introduced products into their store.    

BTW, I just bought another Daiwa Sol at Greentop.  They had to match BPS's price of $199.  The Sol retails at Greentop for $229, $20 less than just about anywhere else.  The fishing manager was quite alarmed that Daiwa allowed anyone else in the state to undersell them.  Apparently Greentop has an agreement with Daiwa that allows them to sell their reels cheaper than other dealers in the state.

I stopped paying retail and started using ebay. I got my sol 2500 for 157 bux brand new a few weeks ago. Wish I had known bout the new stradic and I would have waited. Oh and Jake ya know theres not any blackcock bass in the potomac anyways, maybe some blackcock snakeheads tho(inside joke)

If those Sols weren't so hideous I would offer to buy it from you. I know they are great reels but I can't get over the orange...

If those Sols weren't so hideous I would offer to buy it from you. I know they are great reels but I can't get over the orange...

Matches almost perfectly with an E21 Carrot Gold Stix

yeah, for double ugly.... ;D Orange just isn't my thing. I'm a black/silver guy with MAYBE some gold thrown in there.

I dont really worry bout how a reel looks besides I love orange, its my fave color. I used to drive a 2004 orange cobra and if I could I'd paint my expedition and my gs400 orange and wrap my next bass boat in orange too just to be different. Im just gonna return my sol spinning to bass pro even tho I didnt buy it there and get 220 store credit hehe. I only paid 157 for it tho  8-) they dont ask questions so they must not care, therefore neither do I. I'll use the credit to get a new rod or maybe new batteries if my next boat needs them. Theres always something at bass pro I can use. If they sold the new stradic then it would be like an even exchange ;)

I dont really worry bout how a reel looks besides I love orange, its my fave color. I used to drive a 2004 orange cobra and if I could I'd paint my expedition and my gs400 orange and wrap my next bass boat in orange too just to be different. Im just gonna return my sol spinning to bass pro even tho I didnt buy it there and get 220 store credit hehe. I only paid 157 for it tho 8-) they dont ask questions so they must not care, therefore neither do I. I'll use the credit to get a new rod or maybe new batteries if my next boat needs them. Theres always something at bass pro I can use. If they sold the new stradic then it would be like an even exchange ;)

Why do you want to trade a Sol for a Stradic?

Im just gonna return my sol spinning to bass pro even tho I didnt buy it there and get 220 store credit hehe. I only paid 157 for it tho 8-)  

Wow, what a fine, upstanding person you are.  The world would be a better place if everyone had your depth of character.

Im just gonna return my sol spinning to bass pro even tho I didnt buy it there and get 220 store credit hehe. I only paid 157 for it tho 8-) they dont ask questions so they must not care, therefore neither do I.

That will be an interesting trick.  Especially since no Bass Pros in Virginia stock the Sol spinning reel.   And it lists for $209 on the internet.

If you manage to pull off your less-than-honest plan, please post pics of the receipt when you bought it, ansd the receipt when you returned it to BPS.  Until then, I think you are full of crap.

Im just gonna return my sol spinning to bass pro even tho I didnt buy it there and get 220 store credit hehe. I only paid 157 for it tho 8-) they dont ask questions so they must not care, therefore neither do I.

That will be an interesting trick. Especially since no Bass Pros in Virginia stock the Sol spinning reel. And it lists for $209 on the internet.

If you manage to pull off your less-than-honest plan, please post pics of the receipt when you bought it, ansd the receipt when you returned it to BPS. Until then, I think you are full of crap.

I love it when people show their  lack of morals and think it's acceptable to everybody else.