Sign in to follow this  
linedog

revo sx

I just bought a revo sx and i am having trouble with the magnetic brake, it doesn't seem to be very strong. I can throw a rattle trap or a blade bait a mile but try throwing a crankbait into a little wind seems impossible anyone else have this problem?

I personally can't stand the brakes on the SX.  I have fished with both speeds and think its the biggest problem of the reel.  It sucks because you get it set and then one little thing throws it all off.  My advice is to crank up the Mag brake, crank up the cast control, then back the cast control of slowly to find your comfort zone.  

I personally can't stand the brakes on the SX. I have fished with both speeds and think its the biggest problem of the reel. It sucks because you get it set and then one little thing throws it all off. My advice is to crank up the Mag brake, crank up the cast control, then back the cast control of slowly to find your comfort zone.

I agree with this as well. I had a few but sold them and bought the STX models. They cast a lot easier than the SX.

Do a search.  This subject has been discussed ad nauseam.