Sign in to follow this  
junebugmn

hey! Anyone have one of those new fenwick Elite-Tech rod's?

Hi,I recently had the "Misfortune" of breaking my 2 yr old fenwick spinning rod :-[i sent it in,and a lady rep called me back saying they no longer made that rod and if I would like one of thier new "Elite tech ones, so she asked what kind of fishin I doand I told her BASS becuz anything else that swim's I catch by accident,well they sent me a new rod a 7ft2in jerkin rod I use it for worm's and for my special "finesse carolina" worm fishing, I highly recommend fenwick they have great warranty service junebugmn 8-)

I highly recommend spell check; it makes your posts readable!

i understood the post just fine, i think.

id also like to have some feedback on this rod. im really looking at the ECC66M-MF.

I highly recommend spell check; it makes your posts readable!

Except for lacking some periods it looks fine to me! What are you a teacher!?!

id also like to have some feedback on this rod. im really looking at the ECC66M-MF.

That's the Crankshaft, right?  

I have the 7'3" crankshaft MH-MF rod.  I do like it.  It's not my favorite rod, but its good and gets the job done.

It's nicely built, if a bit heavy.  It is tip heavy.  But it has nice components.  The guides are double-footed Fuji Alconties all the way to the tip.  The cork is very nice.  The reel lock down is the foregrip.  I've never been a big fan of foregrips that are the lock down, but this rod does it well.  The grip behind the reel is nice.  It's about 9.5 inches and has a nice knob at the end.  It gives a great sense of control with two handed casts.  

The action is a little disconcerting, because the upper half is glass and the lower half is graphite.  So you only get a parabolic bend in the upper half of the rod.  It's not a big deal when you get used to it, but it will feel a bit weird if you move to it from a 100% glass rod.    What you do get is a feeling of backbone and I have not had a problem getting fish in on my rod.  

The rod does cast great.  Paired with my Zillion High-Power, I can throw DD22 a great distance.  

That's the Crankshaft, right?

I have the 7'3" crankshaft MH-MF rod. I do like it. It's not my favorite rod, but its good and gets the job done.

It's nicely built, if a bit heavy. It is tip heavy. But it has nice components. The guides are double-footed Fuji Alconties all the way to the tip. The cork is very nice. The reel lock down is the foregrip. I've never been a big fan of foregrips that are the lock down, but this rod does it well. The grip behind the reel is nice. It's about 9.5 inches and has a nice knob at the end. It gives a great sense of control with two handed casts.

The action is a little disconcerting, because the upper half is glass and the lower half is graphite. So you only get a parabolic bend in the upper half of the rod. It's not a big deal when you get used to it, but it will feel a bit weird if you move to it from a 100% glass rod. What you do get is a feeling of backbone and I have not had a problem getting fish in on my rod.

The rod does cast great. Paired with my Zillion High-Power, I can throw DD22 a great distance.

thats good to know. im looking at 6'6" rods because it helps with the whole tip heavy thing. im mounting a Sol on the rod so it should be a good set-up for shallow cranks.

rep called me back saying they no longer made that rod and if I would like one of thier new "Elite tech ones,

Wondering what you had before? A World Class probably? (Love mine!) I would figure they'd give you an HMG as a replacement. They treated you well, I would say!

what rod did you have before? I have a Techna AV that I need to send in, I dont think they are making the Techna any longer. What are they replacing the Techna with?

I have a Techna AV that I need to send in, I dont think they are making the Techna any longer. What are they replacing the Techna with?

Last I checked they are still making the Techna AV.  

Hey guy's I did have a techna-av 7ft med pwr spinning rod that I broke! :-[ But thank's to the people at fenwick,I am very happy now :) they offered me a rod,a top of the line one I might add and like any red blooded bass angler, I accepted! People have alway's told me that fenwick has world class service and they are right,I found out first hand. Junebugmn p.s. they will probably offer you a Elite-tech rod,talk about sensitive! 8-)

Hope I get the same offer, had a new Elite tech in my hands last week, felt very light. I will have to send my rod in soon!!!

Sorry dude, I have to ask again: Fenwick told you the Techna AV is done? The whole line? I'm shocked. Myself, I would take a Techna over an Elite Tech any day. What am I talking about...I have! I never expected the TAV would be put out of production; at least not in the foreseeable future. It's such a sweet rod. I have no need to buy a new Fenwick, but I've always wanted to upgrade my Fenwick worm rod to a Techna. Dang. This is surprising. And a bummer.