Sign in to follow this  
Big Bait Fishing

Re: Cumara Reaction Rod for Crankbaits

i also think that the more people use longer rods the more they will start converting over to them . i use my med.heavy swimbait rod for deep diving cranks and just love it !!! btw , the rod is 7' 10'' ...........  :D

I started with 6'6'' rods and now 7' is the norm that I use with the exception of a 6'10'' and 6'9''.  I'm actually getting interested now in 7'2'', 7'3'', and 7'6'' rods, I have a 7'6'' flipping stick and a 7'9'' swimbait rod and the difference that I've found in the ease of casting and such is substantial enough to move in that direction.

Aren't the reaction rods taylored for treble type baits?

Most of them are, yes.  They did design a couple models specifically for spinnerbaits.  I've had the chance to play around with a couple of these now and I like them.  I think they've done a great job with this series and now offer a rod to cover most moving bait applications.

Most of them are, yes. They did design a couple models specifically for spinnerbaits. I've had the chance to play around with a couple of these now and I like them. I think they've done a great job with this series and now offer a rod to cover most moving bait applications.

Wow!

Quite an endorsement from Mr. G. Loomis GLX.

If Bronzefly likes them, they gotta be special,

very special. I really expected more qualifiers,

like "at their pricing point". I'm impressed.

8-)

Quite an endorsement from Mr. G. Loomis GLX.

If Bronzefly likes them, they gotta be special,

very special. I really expected more qualifiers,

like "at their pricing point". I'm impressed.

Yes, the Loomis GLX line is my favorite for sure but that doesn't mean I don't like other stuff too!! 8-) But interesting you should mention Loomis... the 6'3" heavy cumara reaction feels VERY similar to my beloved CBR 756, also a 6'3"H cranking rod.

Two of the "spinnerbait specific models," the 6'9"M cumara feels like the SBR 812, and the 6'9" feels like the SBR 813. It's no secret that Shimano owns Loomis and it's clear that at least these three models are eerily similar to their Loomis counterparts. The reaction series now actually have a hook hanger instead of the "hole in the handle" on the original Cumara series. The warranty on these rods can't be beat and they offer alot to like in this entire series now.