Sign in to follow this  
Kowen117

reels

havent you done this a few times already?

fishing gear shouldnt be a popularity contest.

To a 14 year old it's all about popularity.

If you wish to participate in this thread, please refrain from negative comments.

Thanks!

Glenn

Honestly, it doesn't matter what we say. You have it narrowed down to two, get your hands on them and find out which you like better. I bought a used revo s on eBay to try it out from what alot of people had said about. Turns out I don't like it, I prefer my quantum code over it but it's something I had to experience to really know.  However, if you can get the Tierra you can get for $40 then that's not a bad way to go.

No to ME a "14 year old" its about making sure I'm buying the right reel. This is all my own money that I have worked hard for just like most of you. I want to make sure I'm not going to blow it on a bad reel. I don't know much about brand name quality and I know you guys do. Therefore,  I turn to you for help when I find a reel that i like. However, I'm not sure if it is a good brand or model?

You are wise beyond your years, SmokinShad117 .

No to ME a "14 year old" its about making sure I'm buying the right reel. This is all my own money that I have worked hard for just like most of you. I want to make sure I'm not going to blow it on a bad reel. I don't know much about brand name quality and I know you guys do. Therefore, I turn to you for help when I find a reel that i like. However, I'm not sure if it is a good brand or model?

i respect where youre coming from. i have a large mid-priced rod collection that never gets used. why do i have these rods? "they" said the rods were great.

what would help me help you is knowing what youre using now and your likes/dislikes of that gear.

in your case though i dont think either reel would be an advantage/disadvantage.

both brands have a great rep for quality.

No to ME a "14 year old" its about making sure I'm buying the right reel. This is all my own money that I have worked hard for just like most of you. I want to make sure I'm not going to blow it on a bad reel. I don't know much about brand name quality and I know you guys do. Therefore, I turn to you for help when I find a reel that i like. However, I'm not sure if it is a good brand or model?

i respect where youre coming from. i have a large mid-priced rod collection that never gets used. why do i have these rods? "they" said the rods were great.

what would help me help you is knowing what youre using now and your likes/dislikes of that gear.

in your case though i dont think either reel would be an advantage/disadvantage.

Thanks i personally like diawa thts what ill go with

Thanks i personally like diawa thts what ill go with

thats the choice i would have made as well. good luck.

thanks guys and I'm using the reel for flipping on a 6'9'' heavy rod since you all have been asking

Wow, that's a relatively short rod for flipping.  You must be flipping in tight spaces.  :)  I only use a 7' rod for flipping/pitching, so I can't say much...  My brother in law is using a 7'9" bionic blade, with the telescoping butt.  Old school. 

Have you learned the technique yet?  Make sure you learn to flip left handed, so you don't have to bring your hand back to the reel...  It's much harder to have to switch the rod in your hand, and make an accurate cast...  I'm a left handed fisherman, and I have learned the technique in reverse of what I just told you, so make sure you learn to do it correctly!  ;)

And don't rule out pitching, either!  There is sometimes a small advantage to being able to do both.  :D

Wow, that's a relatively short rod for flipping. You must be flipping in tight spaces. :) I only use a 7' rod for flipping/pitching, so I can't say much... My brother in law is using a 7'9" bionic blade, with the telescoping butt. Old school.

Have you learned the technique yet? Make sure you learn to flip left handed, so you don't have to bring your hand back to the reel... It's much harder to have to switch the rod in your hand, and make an accurate cast... I'm a left handed fisherman, and I have learned the technique in reverse of what I just told you, so make sure you learn to do it correctly! ;)

And don't rule out pitching, either! There is sometimes a small advantage to being able to do both. :D

There is a HUGE advantage to pitching IMO. Water is too clear up here for flipping. There is just no point. Plus anywhere you can get with a flip, you can get with a pitch....Here anyways. We don't have much knarly cover.

'if' I did flip I think I would go for one of the 7'11 rods, but I don't. I'll stick to the 7'6 for pitching. And only that long because it is a really light rod, is only a MH, and has a balancer on the handle all making it more manageable than the super heavy 'flipping sticks'

Wow, that's a relatively short rod for flipping. You must be flipping in tight spaces. :) I only use a 7' rod for flipping/pitching, so I can't say much... My brother in law is using a 7'9" bionic blade, with the telescoping butt. Old school.

Have you learned the technique yet? Make sure you learn to flip left handed, so you don't have to bring your hand back to the reel... It's much harder to have to switch the rod in your hand, and make an accurate cast... I'm a left handed fisherman, and I have learned the technique in reverse of what I just told you, so make sure you learn to do it correctly! ;)

And don't rule out pitching, either! There is sometimes a small advantage to being able to do both. :D

yes i have learned the technique and i flip docks and trees that over hang the water so yes its pretty tight cover i had a 7'6'' and hated it for flipping so i got a short reel i have a diawa megaforce on it now