Sign in to follow this  
ib_of_the_damned

Quantum Energy PT Spinning rod. Are these any good?

Im looking into a new spinning rod under $100.  I saw this at Bass Pro and its on sale for $74.99.  I was thinking of pairing the 6'6" M/F with my Quantum Incyte 20. I would be using this for drop shot mainly and other spinning applications. If anyone has used one or has one that can give me your thoughts on this rod? Thanks in advance!

I just picked one up from TW over the Thanksgiving sale they had. I bought the 7'MF for drop shotting. I've only used it a couple times so far but I really like it. It's sensitive enough for me to tell what's going on down there and it has decent backbone if I want to use it for throwing other plastics. Definitely a good rod IMO!

I own the Energy 6'6" MF spinning rod.  It is my favorite spinning rod.  I use it mostly for wacky rigs but it works well for a lot of other things.  I have used it for fishing shaky heads, grubs, flukes, topwater poppers, spooks, small crankbaits, jerkbaits, small spinnerbaits, etc.  It is a very solid, dependable, versatile rod.  It handles casting lures from 1/8 to 5/8 very well.  If you're looking to fish anything lighter than that then you may have some better options out there.  If not, then I can definitely recommend this rod.

I have an energy pt casting rod and have used the spinning rod many times. I like the both rods a lot. They aren't talked much about, but they absolutely great rods. Give them a try, you can't lose. I am surprised they are on sale. For me, they went up in price from last year. I was going to pick one up, but saw they were 20 dollars more expensive here in Canada and went with something else.

I have an energy pt casting rod and have used the spinning rod many times. I like the both rods a lot. They aren't talked much about, but they absolutely great rods. Give them a try, you can't lose. I am surprised they are on sale. For me, they went up in price from last year. I was going to pick another one up, but saw they were 20 dollars more expensive here in Canada and went with something else.