Sign in to follow this  
Baileycoach

All Star rod Question?

I 've had several All Star baitcasting rods (and spin rods for that matter) and have liked everyone. For the price they are a good buy. I never broke 1 or had a problem w/ 1. However i'am  not 100% sure that they were the exact model you are inquiring about though. All Star makes quality gear. Go on a website that sells All Star and look thru the customer reviews and comments. Good luck.

hey I had 2 all star rods and they're okay though but they're made cheaply.  The spine of the rod is not even lined up with the guides and reel seat.  If you ever use 20lb or more on one of their poles and you catch a big fish you will see what I'm talking about.  Go with shimano man their things are way better.

I have hauled in giant redfish on med action allstar rods. That is all I use for saltwater. I have NEVER had a problem with a one not having enough backbone for a red. Bass do not fight like a red. I love allstar rods.

My last round of rods were all Team All Stars, IM10, and even a couple of el cheapo Selects from Dicks.  They were great rods that performed as well as anything else in the price bracket.

I don't have any experience with AllStar rods but have been looking and considering purchashing one. Both the models you mentioned ASR 815C & 865C are on ebay being clearanced out by one of the sellers for $49.98 + $18 S&H which isn't too bad. Thinking of picking up the ASR865C myself as a  Christmas present.. :D:)