Sign in to follow this  
J. M. Richardson

Daiwa Tierra Rods and Reels

I have a Tierra bait casting reel and it is one of my favorite reels smooth no issues at all as for there rods I do not own any so I can not say, but the reel is top notch.

I have the 6'6" M casting rod with a TD Advantage on it (older version of the same reel). The reel I have had a few years and never an issue, very reliable. I just got the rod and have a few fish on it w jerkbait. Rod feels more like a MH than a Med, but that really isnt a complaint.

I have the rod..6'6" spinning mf...great rod for the $$$, caught alot of fish with it..Got mine as a gift..

My only beef with the Advantage/old Advantage/Tierra is the width of the reel, a little bit too wide for my taste, other than that they are great reels.

Look to see if Cabelas still has the Prodigy on sale. Same reel, maybe one bearing less, but same specs. They did have it down to 69 in LH and Tierra still at 129. Not sure if still at 69. If still at 69 then its a no brainer.

I have the TDA and Prodigy, really no diff.

My only beef with the Advantage/old Advantage/Tierra is the width of the reel, a little bit too wide for my taste, other than that they are great reels.

I agree they are a little wide. Something for the OP to think of.

Maybe try to get one in hand before the purchase.

I have two Tierra rods both 66 mh casting. They are well built rods and for 59 dollars they are a very good deal. However they are on the heavy side and are nowhere near the sensitivity of your standard 100 dollar plus sticks.

I have the 7' MH rod and it's a great rod for the money. I love it. Haven't tried the Tierra reels because for that much I'd rather get another Citica.