Sign in to follow this  
jamarkwe

Vendetta power rating ?

got this the from Abu site

VTC70-5 (1187728)      8-17      1/4-5/8      7ft. 0in.      Medium      79.95

VTC69-6 (1187727)      12-17      3/16-5/8      6ft. 9in.      Medium Heavy      79.95

VTC66-6 (1187726)      12-20      3/16-5/8      6ft. 6in.      Medium Heavy      79.95

How is the MH rated for 3/16-5/8 lures, and the M is rated 1/4-5/8 lures... I don't understand why The MH handles lighter weights than the the M. Maybe I just don't understand power ratings.... 8-)

They are also rated this way at TW... :-?

TW probably copies the ratings straight off their site. I mean I'm not positive but it sounds like a typo.

I hope not... but I will find out tomorrow when I go to buy one...I think it will be a perfect match for my Fuego... 8-)

It's definitely a typo.

It's definitely a typo.
Care to elaborate?  :-? Every website I find list these same specs.

the lenth onf the rod and the tip action will have an effect on lure rating

http://tackletog.com/jip/2009/07/07/abu-garcia-vendetta-rod-new-product/

Finally I found something...:-?

According to this blog it is not a typo.

It's because of the taper.  The 7' has a moderate taper, it's quite close to fiberglass in action.  The 6'9" has a fast taper.  The 6'6" you have listed has an extra fast taper.  I have the first two rods.  That's why you are seeing the difference.

It's because of the taper. The 7' has a moderate taper, it's quite close to fiberglass in action. The 6'9" has a fast taper. The 6'6" you have listed has an extra fast taper. I have the first two rods. That's why you are seeing the difference.

You have the VTC69-6? How does it perform?(casting, sensitive,etc.) And What do you mostly use it for?

I asked the same question a couple of months ago on another stream but never received an answer.( that is a good answer) I don't believe its a typo but it doesn't make sense to me either. I haven't seen these rods locally so I haven't handled them yet. I'm still curious.

It's because of the taper. The 7' has a moderate taper, it's quite close to fiberglass in action. The 6'9" has a fast taper. The 6'6" you have listed has an extra fast taper. I have the first two rods. That's why you are seeing the difference.

You have the VTC69-6? How does it perform?(casting, sensitive,etc.) And What do you mostly use it for?

Excellent sensitivity, very well balanced with a Revo, Zillion and Fuego and I would imagine Pflueger and Shimano reels.  I use it for pitchin' jigs/trailers to 5/8 oz, creature baits, etc.  Matched it with 16 lb flouro.

Excellent sensitivity, very well balanced with a Revo, Zillion and Fuego and I would imagine Pflueger and Shimano reels. I use it for pitchin' jigs/trailers to 5/8 oz, creature baits, etc. Matched it with 16 lb flouro.

8-) ;D Well I'm sold... I have a feeling you work for that dang monkey.... ;D

Went to the fishing show and only found three Vendetta's in the whole freaking place.I ended up getting the VTC66-6 for $54 out the door. 8-) I so happy I went, even though I thought it was a crappie event in all.