Sign in to follow this  
Nkybassfisherman

ST.Croix Mojo rod

I am looking into getting this rod for pitching mostly. Any of you all used it before?? how is it?? i am looking at the 6' 6" MH or the 7' MH which would you recommend? the 7' MH says its for spinnerbaits....i could still use it for pitchimg wouldnt you think?

thanks for the help.

there are many threads about this rod. a quick search will give you a lot of info.

Mojo does make a pitchin rod. It is 7'6' and a mighty fine rod, I have one.

I have the 7'0 MF St. Croix Mojo and I use it for pitching jigs and soft plastics.  I liked it better than the MHF because I don't often use very heavy weights, nor do I fish in areas with lots of cover.  All the lakes around my area have no vegetation, so I'm mostly fishing structures with cover like stumps, some brush piles, docks, etc.  If you were flipping or pitching in grass or heavier cover, then you might like the MHF a little better.

last year i used the rod you speak of to pitch and it did me well i dont have any complants but im switching it to a spinnerbait rod because i think it does a little better doing that and i bought a powell 704c for my pitching... its lighter and a bit more sensitive from what i can tell but i havent had much time to fish with it