Sign in to follow this  
cwen

Loomis or powell?

How much better is a loomis imx vs a powell max. I have a looms imx 844 and I want a powell 733 7'3 MH max rod. Money is a little tight and I don't use my loomis all that much. So, is loomis that much better than a powell?

Loomis > Powell

I own both.

X2

but if you dont use the loomis anyway the Powell is a great rod and a great choice saving you the cash!

I have 3 loomis Rods but the last 4 rods i've bought have been Powell Max' - im choosing to save the money for other things as well

Boy, I sure would like to see and hold one before ordering one online. Bass Pro does not have them. I will have to try Cabela's, and Gander MTN. :'(

Boy, I sure would like to see and hold one before ordering one online. Bass Pro does not have them. I will have to try Cabela's, and Gander MTN. :'(

sorry to tell you but they dont carry them gander basspro and cabelas youll have to order from ***

sorry to tell you but they dont carry them gander basspro and cabelas youll have to order from ***

Oh Well, That takes care of that! I won't order a rod online without seeing one! But thanks anyway! I will have keep looking for something else.

I have a powell. It is 6'8 M and it it has only been used twice or so in two years. That was another bad purchase. I mostly use my carrot stix now for pitching. I want a MH rod that handles 1/4 oz. jigs pretty well.

information for life. buy the best you can "afford". i know this sounds crazy but there are higher priorities than fishing. i own several Powell's and i'm extremely pleased with them. that being said, i can't wait to buy my first Loomis. the 704 Powell i think would be great for the applications you mentioned.

regards,

Casca