Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Quiantum Kevin Vandam Signature Series Rods?

Does anyone have any info on this rod? They look and feel real nice, but not sure how they fish?

Are you talking about the 150.00 dollar red KVD Cranking rod?

http://www.***.com/descpageRDCQUANTUM-QKVDC.html

No, not the cranking rod! They have two others in a spinning rod and a baitcast rod. And they also have just the cranking rod. You are thinking of the Tour cranking rod! I was on the Bass Pro site.

I have a KVD cranking rod.  I was using a different brand cranking rod and was losing about 1 out of 5 fish before getting to the boat, or was missing at hook set.  Once I got the KVD rod, I now only lose about 1 out of 20, and very seldom fail to hook up.  I love it.

Does anyone have any info on this rod? They look and feel real nice, but not sure how they fish?

I just checked it out at a fishing expo today myself. It does look and feel good! I wouldn't see why it wouldn't fish good as well.

Bought the MediumLight/Fast Casting rod.  Wanted a rod rated down to 1/8th for weightless plastics, but the tip seems very soft. It will either get returned or get some duty as a topwater/spook/popper rod.

Twitch

i have held the kvd cranking rod and it felt really heavy to me, but then again im accustomed to my g.loomis which is altralight in weight.  but if weight isnt an issue then its an ok rod.

Are you talking about the 150.00 dollar red KVD Cranking rod?

http://www.***.com/descpageRDCQUANTUM-QKVDC.html

No, not the cranking rod! They have two others in a spinning rod and a baitcast rod. And they also have just the cranking rod. You are thinking of the Tour cranking rod! I was on the Bass Pro site.

Oh ok, can't help you out then.

I've got two of the 6'10" Spinnerbait Rods that are colored similarly to the cranking rods.  They are very nice rods and have the right combination of tip and backbone for accurate casting of a spinnerbait.  I fished with a guy who fishes nothing but Loomis rods and he liked the Quantum better.  It isn't always about the weight of a rod if there is a better taper for the job.