Sign in to follow this  
HOIST-N-HAWGS

Curado 200 E ?

Is there a special tool needed to remove the right side plate? I've done the maintenance on my reels prior to buying the E series. For some reason or another after removing the 3 screws, handle, star drag nut etc, the plate won't come free, and the Roller clutch bearing is moving with the slide plate.  The right side plate seems like it's still attached near the worm gear, but free everywhere else.

;)Thanks for your help.

Open the left side plate.  There is a stainless cross support rod between the sides of the frame.  You can see it has a slot for a screwdriver.  It has to be unscrewed first.

Open the left side plate. There is a stainless cross support rod between the sides of the frame. You can see it has a slot for a screwdriver. It has to be unscrewed first.

Thank you 0119;) I saw that but don't try anything until I'm sure and I just found the intructions on TT.

Thanks again!

http://www.tackletour.net/TTForums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=33976

Ok not done. Once back together it clicked and the spool doesn't move, but the handle does w/a clicking sound. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Ok not done. Once back together it clicked and the spool doesn't move, but the handle does w/a clicking sound. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

along with the previous post. the anti reverse pawl might be clicking on the anti reverse ratchet.   if so, give the thin ears on the pawl a gentle pinch so it provides enough friction to keep it from falling on the ratchet.  a little bit of drag grease on the ratchet won't hurt either

Open it back up, but this time re-assemble it correctly!   ;D

Open it back up, but this time re-assemble it correctly! ;D

Now why didn't I think of that? :-/

along with the previous post. the anti reverse pawl might be clicking on the anti reverse ratchet. if so, give the thin ears on the pawl a gentle pinch so it provides enough friction to keep it from falling on the ratchet. a little bit of drag grease on the ratchet won't hurt either

Thanks, but Anti reverse is working. At first I thought I installed yoke upside down, but thats not the case. It seems the spool shaft doesn't fully engage the pinion gear.

Did you make sure the thumb bar was in the upright position when you reassembled the reel?   Wish I could help you more, but Im the kind that has to see it and feel it to figure out how to make it work.  Reel Mech or JFrancho should come around eventually and they could help you.

Hmm,just off the top of my head,I think theres a pin going though the end of the spool shaft,that pin sits up under the pinion gear in a slot,try an make sure its in there and or lined up to fit in pinion.Hope that helps,G/L.

Without a picture, I wouldn't wager a guess.

But...take a look at #3828, and be sure the spring and it are aligned properly.  the AR pawl, #2404, would have nothing to do with the spool engaging, and in fact the reel would work fine without this part.  You can verify that all clutch components are working in symphony before assembling the crank side plate.  Just leave the yoke springs off, and press the thumbar.  Then manually turn the crankshaft, and you'll see how the AR Ratchet (#3916) engages #3828, which in turn moves the clutch cam, and the rest of the clutch internals.  Beyond that, be sure the spool engagement pin is perfect centered, or send it to a pro.

Without a picture, I wouldn't wager a guess.

But...take a look at #3828, and be sure the spring and it are aligned properly. the AR pawl, #2404, would have nothing to do with the spool engaging, and in fact the reel would work fine without this part. You can verify that all clutch components are working in symphony before assembling the crank side plate. Just leave the yoke springs off, and press the thumbar. Then manually turn the crankshaft, and you'll see how the AR Ratchet (#3916) engages #3828, which in turn moves the clutch cam, and the rest of the clutch internals. Beyond that, be sure the spool engagement pin is perfect centered, or send it to a pro.

Thanks JF!

There are times in life when I feel like a dumb arse, these would be one of those moments! :)

The video I use to use is ancient, come to find out I did have the yoke installed backwards after all and that's all it was.

I sincerely appreciate everyones help! That's what makes this site so great!