Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

What Rod For Me?

I am in the market for a 7 ft. to 7 ft. 6 in. rod for jigs. But not for flippin jigs,( I have one for that) but for fin. jigs, football jigs,etc. I just wanted as much input as I could get. I did make a few posts about some of these rods but thought a poll would help.And any input too would help.

These kinds of posts always get me. I always wonder why someone would buy a rod due to what other people advise. Your going to get ten different answers and opinions from ten different people. The best thing for you to do is go to your local tackle shop and feel all the rods on your list. Get the one that YOU feel good about not what other people feel good about. There is on thing that I learned is just because something works for others doesn't mean it will work for you. Make up your own mind and don't let others do it for. JMO 8-)

GET A JOHNNY MORRIS ELITE!!! on sale now!!!

That is exactly what I bought mine for. Jigs but not flipping. It's a great rod, but the 7'6 has a handle just a touch longer than I like. I'm going to use it for soft plastics this year, and use a slightly shorter handled rod for jigs.

These rods are EXCELLENT. Even at full price.

I gave my vote for the Falcon. Made in USA, quality, good performance.

These kinds of posts always get me. I always wonder why someone would buy a rod due to what other people advise. Your going to get ten different answers and opinions from ten different people. The best thing for you to do is go to your local tackle shop and feel all the rods on your list. Get the one that YOU feel good about not what other people feel good about. There is on thing that I learned is just because something works for others doesn't mean it will work for you. Make up your own mind and don't let others do it for. JMO 8-)

I agree, but you should ALWAYS look into other peoples opinions first. Whether it is a rod, reel, a tv, laptop, etc. I mean reviews help make solid purchases.