Sign in to follow this  
jacobhookem

Diawa Fuego

I have a Fuego left hand b/c reel and i use it for all techs, reel can do all IMO.  I have 30 lb Power Pro and I do all with it.

I just bought one too for a specific use: spinnerbaits/buzzbaits. I burn spinnerbaits a lot, so I wanted the speed. I also wanted LH retrieve so I do not have to switch hands and be ready to start burning at splashdown. I paired it with a long (7ft) MH rod.

My other casting reels are slower (<25ipt) which I like for crankbaits, and for winching fish out of heavy vegetation -which are the other techniques I use a lot. Since I haven't used a high speed casting reel before, I'll just have to see how this Fuego (28ipt) handles this too.

I used to own one and I used it just like Paul did. The 28 ipt worked well with spinnerbaits. I'm sure it can be used for different applications as well.

The recent sale on those reel's have made it a hard deal to beat for such a great reel.

i use mine for lipless cranks and jerk baits.

I use my Fuegos for plastics & jigs.  I've had these 2 for 4-5 years and had zero problems from them.  They're a little fast for me for moving baits. 

The Sol I had was perfect speed for spinnerbaits for me.  I could fish just fast enough for willows and it wasn't too fast to slow roll a thumper.  I wish that it would've had more line capacity.  Using 15# test, it seemed like I spooled it on every cast! ;D

You can use them for any technique, as long as the lure weights more than 1/4oz. It doesn't handle well lighter baits.