Sign in to follow this  
kyron4

Pflueger Medalist or Abu ALBi ?

Looking for an aluminum body spinng reel at a low price (on a tight budget) and have come up with the Medalist ($90) and ALBi 501 ($70). The size I want for both holds 115 yds. of 6# line. Which is the better reel ? Looking for smooth, quite, and tough. Which one has the least "sloppyness" and "wobble"? How do they compare to the Shimano Sahara ? -Thanks

Of the 2, it's medalist.......check ebay for a supreme, I've paid less than 90 for 3 of them, better suited for freshwater than the medalist.  IMO the sahara is doesn't compete with the pfluegers.

Of the 2, it's medalist.......check ebay for a supreme, I've paid less than 90 for 3 of them, better suited for freshwater than the medalist. IMO the sahara is doesn't compete with the pfluegers.

Why is the supreme better suited for freshwater ?

Are you saying Pflueger is better than Sahara ?

Of the 2, it's medalist.......check ebay for a supreme, I've paid less than 90 for 3 of them, better suited for freshwater than the medalist. IMO the sahara is doesn't compete with the pfluegers.

Why is the supreme better suited for freshwater ?

Are you saying Pflueger is better than Sahara ?

yes he is and i agree.the medalist is a saltwater reel.it will stand up better to corrosion in saltwater use.the supreme is magnesium and cannot be used in saltwater.the supreme is far lighter(magnesium) and is a freshwater reel.the supreme is also smotther.i have owned both reels and they are both nice but for freshwater the supreme takes it.if you could save a few more $ the supreme xt is even nicer imho.