Sign in to follow this  
KYntucky Warmouth

New Dobyns Savvy Rods

Just got my 7'MH Savvy from Bass Tackle Depot in literally 20 mins ago.  I really like the rod, it's extremely light and balanced with both my Zillion and Curado E7.  I'm really wanting to go fish it but 2-3 inches of snow and about 4 inches of ice are preventing me from doing so.  I am very pleased so far and am really glad I went ahead and bought a 7'H with the 20% discount.

Dumb UPS, I'll have mine Wednesday along with my dx744c, and of course I'll be gone snowboarding all day so won't see it until night. I can't wait to check it out though and compare it to the extremes I have. We keep getting crappy weather though so I won't be able to fish it for a while. ;)

Dumb UPS, I'll have mine Wednesday along with my dx744c, and of course I'll be gone snowboarding all day so won't see it until night. I can't wait to check it out though and compare it to the extremes I have. We keep getting crappy weather though so I won't be able to fish it for a while. ;)

Same here, weather just keeps getting worse.  I'll have my 7'H Wed.  I'd like to here a comparison with the Extreme, even though I've never fished one, I'd like to here the difference between the extremes of the lineups.

Very glad to see you're all liking the rods. Those Savvy series are some awesome rods for the price, I've held a few but still yet to fish them.

good to hear i just bought a dobnys 704c extreme cant wait to get it ;D

you are gonna love the everything about this rod. I have a 743dx I got for X-mas and been  just drooling at it itching to get out up here in Ma

I got the 766 a couple weeks ago. Had it out a few times and really like it. The flipping bite isn't the greatest yet but give it a month and it will be on fire. This is the only savvy I own and the balance is great with a zillion or chronarch d7. Must suck to live in places where the water gets hard in the winter. What a bummer.

I take that back, UPS isn't dumb! My rods came a day early!  ;)

This Savvy rod is sick! It's super light and balances perfectly with my Curado E7. Looks very nice and will probably be buying more for stuff that sensitivity isn't a must, although I'm sure it will be plenty sensitive as well. I got the ss663c for jerkbaits/spinnerbaits and the constant casting and working the lure is going to be a breeze with this light of a rod. I might have to get a new SX to pair it with though they'd look gorgeous together!

My thoughts exactly. Get that new SX and you will have one sweet looking combo.