Sign in to follow this  
MMan16

dobyns champion - savvy?

What's the difference in the 2 and is it worth spending the extra 70 bucks to get the champion. I'm looking at the 766 flippin.

I have a Savvy and a couple Champion Extremes, but not Champions and the main difference between the Savvy and Champion is probably sensitivity. The Savvy is plenty sensitive but not near my Champion Extremes so I'm assuming the Champions are more sensitive than the Savvy as well. Plus you get Sic inserts on Champions. For what you are going to be using it for, I'd go for the Champion.

If you can afford it, it's worth it. If money is very tight, then the Savvy is still a great rod. The champions are built on a different blank and are more sensitive. I just ordered a Savvy for Spinnerbaits/Chatterbaits, and continue to use my Champions for baits I need the extra sensitivity for.

Not to HIjack or anything  but have ya used that Savy yet for the spinnerbaits Broke?  I am lookin to pick up some new sticks and am debating on a champ or savy for spinner baits

I don't mind spending the extra dough just wanted to make sure it was worth it. I'm mostly gonna flip but would like to use it for some frogs. Does anyone know if there's any sales anywhere on the champions. I'm gonna order tonight I can't find any but didn't know if anyone alse has.

Not to HIjack or anything but have ya used that Savy yet for the spinnerbaits Broke? I am lookin to pick up some new sticks and am debating on a champ or savy for spinner baits

I've used the Champion 735 for spinnerbaits before and loved it, I don't have my 735 yet as I just ordered it, but have held it and it felt great! I should have it here in the next week or two and will be glad to let you know how it goes. But given I've used the 735 Champ, and held the Savvy, I have very high hopes!

Just ordered my dobyns champion 766 flip it will be here in about a week so I will post when I get it. Thanks for the heads up nick saved me 25 bucks! 

I picked up the 766 savvy flip rod a couple weeks back. I went with the savvy cause flipping I feel you don't need the most sensative rod. This is my 8th dobyns rod. I have 5 champs and 2 extremes. To be honest with you I feel like you can't go wrong with any of these rods. Hope you like your rod when you get it.

I picked up the 766 savvy flip rod a couple weeks back. I went with the savvy cause flipping I feel you don't need the most sensative rod. This is my 8th dobyns rod. I have 5 champs and 2 extremes. To be honest with you I feel like you can't go wrong with any of these rods. Hope you like your rod when you get it.

Personally, I think you need a very sensitive rod for flipping. That is one application that I think justifies the extra money for a better rod. JMHO